ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK settlement visa processing delay New Zealand Applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Janani1972
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Janani1972 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:06 am

I Apply UK spouse visa three months ago, I got one non straightforward email, what does meaning of this mail? How long I have to wait after this mail? I have to do any further action? I am so confused
My time line following below

Spouse settlement visa

Country applying from New Zealand

Visa type : non priority

Biometric 28/05/2018

Application submit to Sheffield 4/06/2018

Confirmation email 27/06/2018

Original document return 30/07/2018

Not straightforward email 13/08/2018

After that I didn’t get any emails
Still waiting

Still I didn’t do any further action, I already complete 12 weeks , this 4 of September 2018, what can I do? If anyone in my situation pls reply me, I am waiting for your reply.. Thank you so much.
:?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:27 pm

Contact UKVI and ask them what is going on?

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Janani1972
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by Janani1972 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:27 am

Thank you for your reply

I sent enquiry email to UKVI, they replied me “Please be advised we are currently working on your application and a decision will be made as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience”

From UK Decision Making Center

I got this mail 21/09/2018, but today 18/10/2018, still I didn’t get any response what can I do? Please reply me. Thank you

Confusemigrant18
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Confusemigrant18 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:49 am

Janani1972 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:27 am
Thank you for your reply

I sent enquiry email to UKVI, they replied me “Please be advised we are currently working on your application and a decision will be made as soon as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience”

From UK Decision Making Center

I got this mail 21/09/2018, but today 18/10/2018, still I didn’t get any response what can I do? Please reply me. Thank you

Hope you'll get it soon mate,

Me too, Im wondering because I have a friend on PBS tier 2 migrant and he has sponsored his wife to come as PBS tier to DEPENDENT. The couple applied and got the decision within 15 days.

Hmm... how come that the tier 2 holder sponsors gets their decision faster than those sponsor who got ILR or British citizen. :?

Edwardo
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Edwardo » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:16 pm

The 'not straightforward' email is sent in various forms to everyone who will not be getting a decision within 60 working days.

It seems more and more are getting it, too. We did.

It may well be there are issues they need to clear with your application but these types of letters are rather classic of a government office that wants to keep the boss happy. This way they can say there is an issue and it is your problem, not theirs.

So long as you have your papers in order, you will be fine. But the hard truth is you will find it hard to get any response now until they make a decision.

I would advise asking your local MP (the British citizen's MP here) to ask what is going on. The Home Office is duty bound to respond to an elected MP.