ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What Application do I need? And what do I need to know before applying.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Tedmint
Newly Registered

What Application do I need? And what do I need to know before applying.

Post by Tedmint » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:11 am

I received my permanent residence card over 9 years now, and I would like to apply for British Citizenship. This is all new to me so I have no idea from where to start. After reading through your board topics, I think I need AN form but not sure.

I would like to know the exact form I need, Is it just fill-in one form or is there other forms I need to fill too. How long would the application take? Fees?
I checked topics in here for AN form which is £1330, but again, not sure yet that I am on the right applicaton form.

Basically, I need some directions from start to end and what I should consider before applying.

Here's my Residency document:

Thank you so much in advance for any help, appreciate it. :-)

vinny

Re: What Application do I need? And what do I need to know before applying.

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Tedmint
Newly Registered

Post by Tedmint » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:03 pm

Thanks Vinny,
So, the application form is AN from!? Do I need to take Life in the Uk test first then submit it with the form? Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Yes, yes.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Tedmint
Newly Registered

Post by Tedmint » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:43 am

Sorry to bother you again Vinny, :-))) I spend time on Amazon and I couldn't make my mind of which is the official book for life in the UK I should get, some links in this thread are dead and it seems like there are several versions and mixed reviews. A bit confusing.

Is this a good book to get, or do I need more than just this one? Sorry again vinny, hope you understand. And thank you again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:13 am

One book, then there are many online test or app sites.

https://www.gov.uk/life-in-the-uk-test

https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/Life-in-the-U ... kID=002353

Don't forget that you also need to meet the English B1 test requirement. LIUK alone is not sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tedmint
Newly Registered

Post by Tedmint » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:03 am

CR001 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:13 am

Don't forget that you also need to meet the English B1 test requirement. LIUK alone is not sufficient.
I have Cisco CCNA certificate. Is this enough or do I still need the B1 test? I read somewhere where it says if you studied a qualification in English langauge, this should be enough and you won't require a B1 test.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:18 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 pm
KoLL also required.
Check the details in the given first link. If it's acceptable, then their guidance would say so. Else, no.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:24 am

As for the LITUK test book, you may be better off borrowing it from the local council library than buying it.

As for the English test, you need to have a degree level or above qualification taught in English. A CCNA will most likely not meet the cut. If you do not have a degree qualification taught in English, you are best off getting a B1 test done.

You will also need to meet the absence requirements and the physical presence requirement (that you were physically present in the UK at the start of the five year period immediately preceding the date of application).
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tedmint
Newly Registered

Post by Tedmint » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:06 pm

Ah, I see.
When I came to the UK, I took English Classes in College, and I passed Level 4 at that time, does this count, or I just need to take a B1 test instead?

IcikePicike
Hungary

Post by IcikePicike » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:01 pm

Tedmint wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:06 pm
Ah, I see.
When I came to the UK, I took English Classes in College, and I passed Level 4 at that time, does this count, or I just need to take a B1 test instead?
It will probably take you less time to take the B1 exam than try to find a substitute for it.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:07 pm

Tedmint wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:06 pm
Ah, I see.
Your current qualification won't be accepted. You need to take the B1 test.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

zapzap

Post by zapzap » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:30 pm

B1 test required in your case

Tedmint
Newly Registered

Post by Tedmint » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Thank you guys for all your help, appreciate it. I think I understand all what I have to do now.