ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

father of boyfriend - professional referee

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

BC Application EEA member - ID card address???

Post by KatHof » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:46 pm

Hello,

I am in the process of applying for BC. I am hoping to use my German ID for my application. Having looked at it closely, it has my parents' address on it i.e. where I was born.
What are the implications of this? Does the ID card require to have a British address on it?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: BC Application EEA member - ID card address???

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:09 pm

A German ID Card cannot show a foreign address as you can't register in Germany (Einwohnermeldeamt) with a foreign address.
Your UK address is shown on your application form of course plus other documents you will submit.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by KatHof » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:05 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:09 pm
A German ID Card cannot show a foreign address as you can't register in Germany (Einwohnermeldeamt) with a foreign address.
Your UK address is shown on your application form of course plus other documents you will submit.
Phew! Great! Thank you Alterhase!

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Online application + NDRS

Post by KatHof » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm

quick question:

I have appointment with NDRS at the end of the month. I have pretty much finalised my online application.
Do I have to completely complete my online application and pay before I go the my NDRS appointment?
I am just worried, in case the NDRS picks up on an error, I cannot change my application.

shankar981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Online application + NDRS

Post by shankar981 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:13 pm

1) NDRS will not check your application. They take photocopies of your original documents and forward them to HO.
2) NDRS appointment must be within 10 working days after the completion of payment for BC application. Time your payment accordingly.

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by KatHof » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:25 pm

KatHof wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm
quick question:

I have appointment with NDRS at the end of the month. I have pretty much finalised my online application.
Do I have to completely complete my online application and pay before I go the my NDRS appointment?
I am just worried, in case the NDRS picks up on an error, I cannot change my application.
Sorry, my mistake - I meant the Nationality Checking Service at the Council, not NDRS (too many acronyms :roll: ).

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 pm

If you’re going to use NCS you need to complete the paper form. You can’t use NCS if you apply online.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by KatHof » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:54 am

equitydealer wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:50 pm
If you’re going to use NCS you need to complete the paper form. You can’t use NCS if you apply online.
oh...I didn't know that! thank you!

Ffmuni
Germany

Post by Ffmuni » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 am

If your parents address is shown on your ID card is this because you did not abmelden, deregister, in Germany? Normally, I thought, if you inform the German authorities of a permanent move, in this case to the UK, you will have to get an updated ID card which would come via the German Embassy, and show you are no longer resident in Germany. I do not know if a ‘zweite wohnsitz’ arrangement still happens allowing a German address to be shown.

However, the UK authorities will as Althase says, I have no doubt, look at the evidence you provide for the proof of UK residence, employment and commitment to UK etc.

I am very rusty on German ID issues so these are just my thoughts as I see things, please do not take as gospel. Best of luck with the application

KatHof
Newly Registered
Germany

father of boyfriend - professional referee

Post by KatHof » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Hi,

am I allowed to use the father of my boyfriend as my 1st reference?
He is of professional standing (retired police officer, honours by Queen) and has known me for 5+ years.
I am not married to my boyfriend nor are we in a civil partnership.

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: father of boyfriend - professional referee

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:01 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: father of boyfriend - professional referee

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:21 pm

KatHof wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:55 pm
Hi,

am I allowed to use the father of my boyfriend as my 1st reference?
He is of professional standing (retired police officer, honours by Queen) and has known me for 5+ years.
I am not married to my boyfriend nor are we in a civil partnership.

Thanks!
Yes - boyfriend's father is not relative.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.