ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rely

Re: Tier 1 - New application from India - SUCCESS!!!

Post by rely » Tue May 13, 2008 2:29 pm

keep your employer informed about it.Integra characters might contact them.Did you provide all contact nos.?
rely

shubi81 wrote:Yess Rely , today I have launched my application & I have mentioned that in the additional section .
Hope, everything will be alright .............frm now onwards till I get the Visa , I'll keep my mouth shut :-))))

Cheers
Shubi
rely wrote:those cases must have been rejected for some other reasons but not becoz dependents were following later on.You explain that your wife is studying and will join later on.
rely
deepinder7090 wrote:Dear rely,
Thanks for your reply but my friend some of the applications has been rejected because they have not included their family in their application becaue as per the para 135(a) they check that do you want to make uk your main home or not , My problem is that my wife is in her final year of her Msc IT so not possible for me to incude her on my application kindly suggest what to do

deepinder

jcs

Post by jcs » Tue May 13, 2008 3:29 pm

Hi all,

I believe the application fees is separately charged for dependents and it is the same as the main applicant i.e. Rs. 51,000/-. So in my case the fees would be Rs. 1,53,000/- (self + 2 dependents).

My question is: do we make separate Banker's cheques / Demand Drafts for all 3 applicants or can the entire fees be combined in a single cheque and submitted?

Thanks!

hraina
Newly Registered

Post by hraina » Tue May 13, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi Kaushal,

Great to hear that you got it! Congrats.

One question:
My earnings and maintenance will show up in the same bank account. So under Maintenance should I mention in the cover letter that they should refer to my bank statements sent for the purpose of earnings proof.

Thank you.

spanig
Newly Registered

Post by spanig » Tue May 13, 2008 4:15 pm

Hi Kaushal ,

a) I have passout from NIT Surat . When I passout the college name was SV REC and college was not autonomous and it was under South Gujurat University.. So my degree certificate was awarded by South Gujurat University. The college got renamed from SV REC to SV NIT . As I see in the offcial website SV NIT is there in the list , but not South Gujurat University, This is very peculiar situation .

Do you think I have to apply for IELTS or If I get a letter from the college it shld be sufficient.

b) As per the maintenance , we need to provide consistently for 3 months an amount 2800 GBP equivalent in our account. I dont have the same amount in my savings account. Rather it is there in share , MF , insurance .Can we see all this as part of the proof.

-spanig

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue May 13, 2008 5:40 pm

1. If SV REC is not on the list, go for IELTS.
2. MF, insurance, demat, shares are not liquid assets. IMHO, you wll not be able to use them as evidence of maintenance funds.

regards

rely

Post by rely » Wed May 14, 2008 5:09 am

Go for NARIC.It will solve both the problems.You had not reckoned other problem ie your education.It is not mentioned in BIA website.
rely

spanig wrote:Hi Kaushal ,

a) I have passout from NIT Surat . When I passout the college name was SV REC and college was not autonomous and it was under South Gujurat University.. So my degree certificate was awarded by South Gujurat University. The college got renamed from SV REC to SV NIT . As I see in the offcial website SV NIT is there in the list , but not South Gujurat University, This is very peculiar situation .

Do you think I have to apply for IELTS or If I get a letter from the college it shld be sufficient.

b) As per the maintenance , we need to provide consistently for 3 months an amount 2800 GBP equivalent in our account. I dont have the same amount in my savings account. Rather it is there in share , MF , insurance .Can we see all this as part of the proof.

-spanig

rely

Post by rely » Wed May 14, 2008 5:10 am

Simply put you should have equivalent to GBP2800 in your account for last 3 months.
rely
spanig wrote:Hi Kaushal ,

-spanig

rely

Post by rely » Wed May 14, 2008 5:11 am

One single dd will do.
rely
jcs wrote:Hi all,

I believe the application fees is separately charged for dependents and it is the same as the main applicant i.e. Rs. 51,000/-. So in my case the fees would be Rs. 1,53,000/- (self + 2 dependents).

My question is: do we make separate Banker's cheques / Demand Drafts for all 3 applicants or can the entire fees be combined in a single cheque and submitted?

Thanks!

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Wed May 14, 2008 8:42 am

Hi,

This is regarding Currency Conversion of Maintenance Funds.

I am planning to apply from India and maintaining my funds in INR those are equivalent to 2800 GBP. But looking towards the current fluctuations in Currency Exchange Rates, I was wondering like which Conversion Rate would be considered for Maintenance Funds assessment. I mean would that be the INR to GBP Exchange Rate on the Date of Application or the Date of Assessment?

This is very important to know since the Exchange Rate of GBP has gone close to 83 Rs. per British Pound from Rs 79 since last few days. Looking towards this fact we need to know how much excess funds we must have in account in order to face the currency exchange rate fluctuations.

Please guide on this.

Thanks n Regards,
Rajesh

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Wed May 14, 2008 8:45 am

Rely,

Would it be good to provide concerned persons names and contact nos. in company's HR and Finance Dept. instead of giving company's general phone or fax nos.?

Please guide on this.

Regards,
Rajesh

rely wrote:keep your employer informed about it.Integra characters might contact them.Did you provide all contact nos.?
rely

shubi81 wrote:Yess Rely , today I have launched my application & I have mentioned that in the additional section .
Hope, everything will be alright .............frm now onwards till I get the Visa , I'll keep my mouth shut :-))))

Cheers
Shubi
rely wrote:those cases must have been rejected for some other reasons but not becoz dependents were following later on.You explain that your wife is studying and will join later on.
rely
deepinder7090 wrote:Dear rely,
Thanks for your reply but my friend some of the applications has been rejected because they have not included their family in their application becaue as per the para 135(a) they check that do you want to make uk your main home or not , My problem is that my wife is in her final year of her Msc IT so not possible for me to incude her on my application kindly suggest what to do

deepinder

rely

Post by rely » Wed May 14, 2008 9:18 am

HR /concerned persons name with designation , his office nos with extension and his office timings.

rely
Rajesh.Nadhe wrote:Rely,

Would it be good to provide concerned persons names and contact nos. in company's HR and Finance Dept. instead of giving company's general phone or fax nos.?

Please guide on this.

Regards,
Rajesh

rely wrote:keep your employer informed about it.Integra characters might contact them.Did you provide all contact nos.?
rely

Cheers
Shubi
rely

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Wed May 14, 2008 9:30 am

Thanks Rely, this is real valuable information.
Thanks a ton,
Rajesh
rely wrote:HR /concerned persons name with designation , his office nos with extension and his office timings.

rely
Rajesh.Nadhe wrote:Rely,

Please guide on this.

Regards,
Rajesh

rely

Cheers
Shubi

80sPop
Newly Registered

Post by 80sPop » Wed May 14, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi kaushal,

You say your application had a gap of 4 days...if I show 3 months statement but fall short of 3 months by 3 days...

here is the scenario: cash is available in savings from 14th May (after closing FDs) n HSMP approval expires on 12th Aug., if I apply on 11th Aug. thn i fall short by 3 days for the 3 month clause(3 months from 14th May is 13th August). Whats with your 4 days, do I fall in the same category. Will they accept it? Please advise.

Thanks

jcs

Post by jcs » Sat May 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Hi,

Is it good to make separate covering letters for each section along with the application? I am not too convinced about this idea so I intend to provide just 1 main covering letter with my application. But any other ideas, suggestions, advice is welcome.

Please let me know.

Thanks!

chiru1973
Newly Registered

Previous earning under Tier-1 General category

Post by chiru1973 » Sat May 17, 2008 1:47 pm

Dear Friends:

I am from India & would like to apply for Tier-1 (General) but found in recent BIA website & VFS website that previous earning should be GBP 40000+ to fetch 45 points!!!
To score 75 I can obtain 30 for my education & remaining 45 for previous earning,but GBP 40000+ is almost INR 32 Lacs.During HSMP regime, it was I believe around GBP 7500+.

I still have doubt that GBP 40000+ is true figure posted in the website or not????

Kindly confirm if I am wrong..

regards

jcs

Post by jcs » Sat May 17, 2008 2:16 pm

chiru1973,
40000 GBP is the upscaled amount and you should not convert it to INR directly. Use the tier-1 points calculator on BIA website and enter your earnings. The equivalent GBP earnings will automatically be calculated using the upscaling factor.

ramesh1

Points for Age - help pls

Post by ramesh1 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:34 am

I am planning to apply for Tier - 1 visa (General
Highly Skilled worker) at India in the month of
July(july-2008). My Date of Birth is 14/09/1976 as of
now i am 31 years old and by coming september i will
be 32. can i claim 5 points for my age (one of the attributes)
when i apply for the Tier -1 visa in the month of july
it's because only by september i will be completing 31 and
my 32 begins by 14-Sep-2008?

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Re: Points for Age - help pls

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Mon May 19, 2008 11:47 am

Your Age on the Date of Application will be considered. So even if you apply couple of days before you become 32, you will earn 5 points for Age.

Regards,
Rajesh
ramesh1 wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier - 1 visa (General
Highly Skilled worker) at India in the month of
July(july-2008). My Date of Birth is 14/09/1976 as of
now i am 31 years old and by coming september i will
be 32. can i claim 5 points for my age (one of the attributes)
when i apply for the Tier -1 visa in the month of july
it's because only by september i will be completing 31 and
my 32 begins by 14-Sep-2008?

ramesh1

Points for Age - help pls

Post by ramesh1 » Mon May 19, 2008 2:50 pm

Rajesh thanks for your response. So i get 5 points. But i heard that the applicants above 28yrs old got their visa's rejected. UK govt is more interested in youth mobility and hence visa for applicants above 28yrs are rejected and interested only in applicants with age below 28yrs. Any success stories for 30 or 31 years old applicants from India pls confirm so that will make me more confident.

Rajesh.Nadhe
Newly Registered

Post by Rajesh.Nadhe » Mon May 19, 2008 7:07 pm

This sounds really strange to me. If UK Govt. want only youth under 28 to come to UK then why they introduced categories beyond 28 years and awarded 10 or 5 points to applicants above 28 years.

They had more easy way to restrict the applicants above 28 years from entering the UK.

I hope you would agree with this. However if anybody can come up with some statistics based on Visa Success and Age then it could be an interesting artifact to look at…:)

ramesh1 wrote:Rajesh thanks for your response. So i get 5 points. But i heard that the applicants above 28yrs old got their visa's rejected. UK govt is more interested in youth mobility and hence visa for applicants above 28yrs are rejected and interested only in applicants with age below 28yrs. Any success stories for 30 or 31 years old applicants from India pls confirm so that will make me more confident.

laskk

apply for tier1

Post by laskk » Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Hi guys,

my friend is applying from india for tier1.

He asked me question about the previous earning.

He got the bank statement for the whole year ( only two papers). which shows that his salary in and out (his employer is from India) . so he want to knew whether the two papers from his bank is sufficient. or do he have to take each month bank statement.

Does it really concern about the no.of pages.

We need yours advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
laskk

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Re: apply for tier1

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:28 pm

Duplicate post. Please avoid posting the same question in multiple topics.

regards
laskk wrote:Hi guys,

my friend is applying from india for tier1.

He asked me question about the previous earning.

He got the bank statement for the whole year ( only two papers). which shows that his salary in and out (his employer is from India) . so he want to knew whether the two papers from his bank is sufficient. or do he have to take each month bank statement.

Does it really concern about the no.of pages.

We need yours advice.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
laskk

sudhakart
Newly Registered

Post by sudhakart » Tue May 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Hi Kaushal,

First of all congratulations for getting the tier 1 visa for UK.

I started collecting the documents, I almost finished and I started mantaining the funds also, can you tell me how to start once we have all the documents ready? do we need prior approval from UK home office?

Thanks in advance!
Sudhakar

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Go through the Tier 1 guidelines available on the BIA website http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... sedsystem/

regards
sudhakart wrote:Hi Kaushal,

First of all congratulations for getting the tier 1 visa for UK.

I started collecting the documents, I almost finished and I started mantaining the funds also, can you tell me how to start once we have all the documents ready? do we need prior approval from UK home office?

Thanks in advance!
Sudhakar

rely

Post by rely » Wed May 21, 2008 3:52 am

These are hearsey.Old wives tales.Take no cognizance of it.
rely.

ramesh1 wrote:Rajesh thanks for your response. So i get 5 points. But i heard that the applicants above 28yrs old got their visa's rejected. UK govt is more interested in youth mobility and hence visa for applicants above 28yrs are rejected and interested only in applicants with age below 28yrs. Any success stories for 30 or 31 years old applicants from India pls confirm so that will make me more confident.