ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting married whilst waiting for FLR FP visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Martha88
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Getting married whilst waiting for FLR FP visa

Post by Martha88 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:24 am

bathanza wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:39 pm
Getting married won't jepordise or put your application at risk. You will need valid ID such as your passport in order to register your marriage

My husband and I had a beautiful ceremony whilst we had a pending case and went though the 70 day period. We just had to comply with whatever the Home Office requested. For us, it was a simple email

Many people do end up getting detained on the day of their marriage. As you have a pending case, you should be okay. But please research the risks.
Thank you! Your response has given me hope! An you kindly break down the process of applying to get married and the steps involved.
Also, the HO have my partners passport as his application is pending. So I’m not sure how we can work around that at all?