ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry STAMP in Passport is Missing

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

SOC for ILR

Post by AjajRatra » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:55 pm

I'm applying for an ILR and I'm currently on a Tier2 General Migrant Visa. I have a quick question regarding SOC code.

I don't have the SOC code which was applied for my TIER2 general visa. Is there anyway to find out from the BRP card?

If I'm not able to find the SOC code which was applied in my TIER2 visa, can i choose the nearest matching code for my ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SOC for ILR

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:25 pm

Have you asked your employer/sponsor??

What was your code for your extension and what is your job title??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. My job title is Mechanical Engineer.

I don't know if the employer has the records of the previous extension :(

The nearest SOC is 2122, but i want to make sure that this what i have used in TIER2 extension before applying ILR.

So anyway to find out from home office or BRP??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 pm

You need to ask your sponsor, they should have the detail and can probably check on the system. When you applied for an extension, the SOC would have had to be stated on your CoS and application form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Calculating Leave Absence

Post by AjajRatra » Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi,

I got my entry clearance in Aug 2013 and I arrived in UK on Jan 2014. This is less than 180 days, so i consider this period as lawful absence.

The question is, back in 2013-14, the max allowable absence was 90 days? So should i consider the 90 days for 2013/14 or 180 days which is now the current standard.

Thanks

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Sun Sep 09, 2018 4:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:50 pm
You need to ask your sponsor, they should have the detail and can probably check on the system. When you applied for an extension, the SOC would have had to be stated on your CoS and application form.
Thanks Worked :)

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Calculating Leave Absence

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:51 am

Hi,

1. I got my entry clearance in Aug 2013 and I arrived in UK on Jan 2014. This is less than 180 days, so can i consider this period as lawful absence.

2. I was working from home (in India) from January 2017 to April 2017 because i had to look after my mother who was not well. I have mentioned this in Section 6 Immigration History of SET(O) form. Should i also give evidence of my mothers health?

Thanks

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Missing Entry STAMP in Passport

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 am

Hi,

While filling Section 6 Immigration History of SET(O) form, I noticed i have a missing entry stamp on my passport. What should i do?

Thanks

vinny

Re: Missing Entry STAMP in Passport

Post by vinny » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:59 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Entry STAMP in Passport is Missing

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am

Hi,

I have merged the questions from my previous posts. Sorry i should have done this before. Can anyone please help me with these queries?

1. While filling Section 6 Immigration History of SET(O) form, I noticed i have a missing entry stamp on my passport. What should i do?

2. I got my entry clearance in Aug 2013 and I arrived in UK on Jan 2014. This is less than 180 days, so can i consider this period as lawful absence?

3. I was working from home (in India) from January 2017 to April 2017 because i had to look after my mother who was not well. I have mentioned this in Section 6 Immigration History of SET(O) form. Should i also give evidence of my mothers health?

Thanks

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Re: Entry STAMP in Passport is Missing

Post by sparkyram » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:29 pm

AjajRatra wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:20 am
Hi,

I have merged the questions from my previous posts. Sorry i should have done this before. Can anyone please help me with these queries?

1. While filling Section 6 Immigration History of SET(O) form, I noticed i have a missing entry stamp on my passport. What should i do?

Is it missed as part of your last 3 months journey ? if so this can be corrected by calling heathrow border force helpline. if its been more than 3 months raise SAR request for entry and exit dates and they should be having correct record.

2. I got my entry clearance in Aug 2013 and I arrived in UK on Jan 2014. This is less than 180 days, so can i consider this period as lawful absence?

Yes rite

3. I was working from home (in India) from January 2017 to April 2017 because i had to look after my mother who was not well. I have mentioned this in Section 6 Immigration History of SET(O) form. Should i also give evidence of my mothers health?

Have you been paid UK salary and can ur company give this absence as part of absence letter.. then you will be fine.

Thanks

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:35 pm

Thank you very much for the reply.

Yes i got salary from UK during this period and the company can mention about it in the absence letter. Will that be enough?

sparkyram
Mood:
India

Post by sparkyram » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:32 am

Yes this is enough.. No need to worry if you are getting letter from company and also got paid in uk salary.. u are good to go

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:42 pm

Thank you very much

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Who should fill section 6.14

Post by AjajRatra » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:45 pm

I have a TIER2 General Visa and im applying for ILR

Section 6.13 and 6.14 is a bit confusing. Who should fill this?

Many thanks for your help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:23 am

If would be helpful if you could quote the questions or give a link to them.

Are these the ones your are referring to?
SET(O) wrote:Please complete this section for all dependants who are applying.

Photocopy this page if necessary.
6.12 When did you (the dependant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
6.13 Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? If yes, go to next question. If no, go to section 7.
6.14 Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Who should fill section 6.14

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:32 am

AjajRatra wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:45 pm
I have a TIER2 General Visa and im applying for ILR

Section 6.13 and 6.14 is a bit confusing. Who should fill this?

Many thanks for your help.
You are the one filling the application, but the answer to the questions is about your dependant.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Who should fill section 6.14

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:06 pm

Hi Vinny and Dj,

Thanks for replying. Yes these are the questions:

I dont have any dependants, so i dont have to fill 6.12, 6.13 and 6.14 right? Except 6.12, it doesn't say 6.13/6.14 is for the main applicant or the dependant

6.12 When did you (the dependant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the
UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
6.13 Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted
since 11 January 2018? If yes, go to next question. If no, go to section 7.
6.14 Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018?

Thanks again for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:10 pm

Vinny has clearly highlighted in his quoted text that it applies to dependents! Djsuccess has confirmed the same.

What is it specifically that is unclear??
vinny wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:23 am
If would be helpful if you could quote the questions or give a link to them.

Are these the ones your are referring to?
SET(O) wrote:Please complete this section for all dependants who are applying.

Photocopy this page if necessary.
6.12 When did you (the dependant) first enter the UK? This refers to the date you entered the UK at the beginning of the period of stay on which this application is based.
6.13 Does the period of stay on which this application was based include any leave granted since 11 January 2018? If yes, go to next question. If no, go to section 7.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:27 pm

Thanks, got it now. Too anxious as the day is near. It would have helped if they had clearly mentioned 6.12 to 6.14 is for dependants :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 am

AjajRatra wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:27 pm
Thanks, got it now. Too anxious as the day is near. It would have helped if they had clearly mentioned 6.12 to 6.14 is for dependants :)
The from does clearly mention it in a bold black heading, top of page 23 in the form, as the quote by vinny clearly states.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:56 pm

Thanks CR001.

I was promoted to Principal Engineer at the beginning of this year. This was done in the normal appraisal cycle. However my employer has failed to update my title/salary in SMS (Sponsorship Management System)

Even though my title and pay has changed, my responsibilities remains the same.

The question now is: Should i ask the employer to update the changes in SMS?

Please note my ILR application date is on 16th October.

I hold a TIER 2 General Visa.

Thanks again for invaluable help.

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Your home and finances

Post by AjajRatra » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 pm

What should we answer for 5.4?
I and my wife share the house hold expenses. For example if the total house hold expense is 1000, she pays half of it - 500 to my bank account.
Should i declare this in 5.4?

5.1 Is your home in the UK:
PRIVATELY RENTED

5.2 Do you or your partner, or both, pay any rent or mortgage for your home?
YES, £ XXX

5.3 Are you working in the UK? Yes No If so, what is your pay each month after income tax and other deductions?
£ XXXX

5.4 Does a relative or friend of you or your partner, or both of you, regularly give you money?
If so, how much do youreceive each month?

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration History

Post by AjajRatra » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:05 am

Hello All,

Should the dates mentioned in 6.2 match the letter given by the employer for 6.3?

For example: My entry date is 1 Jan 2018 and exit date is 1 Feb 2018 as recorded in the passport.
But my employer letter mentions work absence from 2 Jan 2018 to 31 Jan 2018.

Thanks again for invaluable help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and
returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences
however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and
enclose it with your application.

6.3 What evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

Letter(s) from employer(s) detailing reasons for work-related absences including periods of
paid annual leave from the UK?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AjajRatra
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by AjajRatra » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Dear All, Can anyone please answer the above queries. Many thanks for your help.