ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To apply another tier 2 visa or vignette transfer?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

To apply another tier 2 visa or vignette transfer?

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,

My friend is still outside UK and he had tier 2 visa but unfortunately his sponsorship was cancelled due to some reasons before even flying in the uk. Now, he applied to another employer and provided him a COS, his passport had expired already. His new employer asked him to get a new passport and apply for a visa vignette transfer.

I am not quite sure if vignette transfer is the right thing to do since that is a new employer and from what I understand, he should have apply for another tier 2 general visa since its a new employer even the same job, isn’t it? Hoping for clarity on this because my friend is really worried. Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: To apply another tier 2 visa or vignette transfer?

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:13 am

No, he cannot apply for a "visa vignette transfer".

New sponsor and new Cos = a new visa application, fees and IHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:39 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you for your quick response.

He actually tried to apply another tier 2 visa but during the online process, it wouldn’t let him pay the IHS. So the employer advise him for the vignette transfer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:49 am

New employer is wrong, a visa transfer is not correct. Hopefully this is an approved HO sponsor and not a third party agent or umbrella company etc who issued a dummy or false Cos that has been used by other applicants or charged your friend for a Cos.

The person should pay the IHS separately on the IHS website then to generate the reference number.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ilikeblue
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ilikeblue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 am

Thank you CR001. Very helpful. :D

kristelaustria
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by kristelaustria » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:06 am

ilikeblue wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:02 am
Thank you CR001. Very helpful. :D
Hi ilikeblue!

I am having a problem with my visa, I have been granted a visa and the entry clearance is from august 16 to sept 15, 2018, however, I may not be able to travel with in that span of time, since my recruitment agency is under license renewal. Now they advice me to request for a visa extension. what did your friend do regarding the vignette transfer? thank you in advance for your reply!

Me_sid
India

Post by Me_sid » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:14 am

You have to apply and file for toc form which cost around 169£, which let you transfer or extend your current 30 days vig. Usually decision are made in 2 to 3 days. But you have to enroll for biometric and figureprint again at nearest location.

Rajankrgupta
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rajankrgupta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:01 am

Hi Me_sid,
Thanks for info, i am also in same situation, my Vignette is expiring on 14 Oct 2018, and I can't travel before 23rd Nov 2018, so can you please tell me when do I need to apply for Vignette transfer, after expiry of current Vignette?
Also please let me know how to apply for this online, not able to find any link on gov.uk website. Please help?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:08 am

vinny wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:32 am
See also 30 day Vignette sticker.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.