ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

February 2008 FLR (HSMP) applicants post here....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:20 pm

hsmp_immigrant wrote:
reliable-mate wrote: I hear what you are saying mate. Exactly the same experience yesterday. just spoke to someone again and got the standard response of 9 weeks waiting time. She also did confirm that my application has not yet been allocated. Doesn't help but there isn't a choice. I am glad that it is once in three year ritual.
Well you are right and we all are in confusion,All we can do is for now just wish each other success and see if situation is improving on the forum. HO is not going to help us anyway!!!! ;)
yes matie. Good luck! :D

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:19 pm

Anyone got response yet ?????
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:20 pm

Hopefully this Friday and weekend brings luck to us, I also wish all of you guys for sharing your ideas. I called home office and they told me that they received around 4000 applications between 20 -28 Feb..... and we are amongst them.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 am

hsmp_immigrant wrote:Hopefully this Friday and weekend brings luck to us, I also wish all of you guys for sharing your ideas. I called home office and they told me that they received around 4000 applications between 20 -28 Feb..... and we are amongst them.
Thanks for sharing this. Did they also tell you how many do they recieve normally so that we can work the uplift out and based on a daily rate of clearance work out how many more days can it potentially take them to clear the back log. I am not expecting any rational system or behaviour here on the part of home office and am fully aware that the number I come up with therefore will not be spot on but nevertheless a good directional steer.

say if the uplift was 100%, they would have got 2000 applications between 20th and 28th february (8 working days), the daily number is 250 appplications and if they clear 70% in 30 days, it means 175 in 30 days i.e. 6 a day. 250 divided by 6 gives me 42 days. i.e. 6 weeks. assuming the uplift was 200%, 250/3 = 12 weeks. looking at this best and worst scenario (in my opinion), we are looking at anything between 6 and 12 weeks here. So, I won't hold my breath any more. Fingers crossed for everyone.

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:35 pm

just called up Home Office and got to speak to a very helpful lady who not only told me that my application is not on their database (she also mentioned that once payment is taken it should show up on their database pretty quickly) but also took my phone number and has promised to call me back after consulting the leave to remain team. She also promised to ask them to expedite the application as it seems it has slipped somewhere through the net.

I am glad that she could at least see on one of their other systems that my application has been received and payment has been deducted. No idea what is the disconnect between them taking payment out and then failing to allocate it to a caseworker (I am assuming here that if it not on their database it means no-one has been allocated my case).

I don't think that most of these people even realise that they are dealing with people's lives and how inconvenient is it for us without our passports. My re-mortgage can be refused meaning an on-cost of £400 a month till I recieve my documents back. and not to mention my holidays. :lol: anyway, cribbing does not help. time for me to get back to work. Thanks folks for your shoulder! :D

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 pm

got a phone call back from the home office call centre (a pleasant surprise!) as promised. not very encouraging news - once application has been loaded into their database it could take anything between 5 and 14 weeks to be processed. Now that my application has not been loaded into the database due to the backlog, I don't know when should I actually expect it to be processed. The biggest disappointment is that if my case has not been loaded due to a backlog, how have some Mar applicants got their documents back? (Please do not misunderstand me - I am happy for people who have got it but am not able to understand if it is the backlog or something else that has prevented my case to be loaded and considered).

She could not tell me how long will it actually take them to load my application into their database.

I think by far this is the most true picture someone has bothered to provide me instead of telling me to wait for standard 9 weeks. This has not made my day though. Anyway, good luck everyone and am watching this space for your comments, experiences etc.

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:07 am

reliable-mate wrote:got a phone call back from the home office call centre (a pleasant surprise!) as promised. not very encouraging news - once application has been loaded into their database it could take anything between 5 and 14 weeks to be processed. Now that my application has not been loaded into the database due to the backlog, I don't know when should I actually expect it to be processed. The biggest disappointment is that if my case has not been loaded due to a backlog, how have some Mar applicants got their documents back? (Please do not misunderstand me - I am happy for people who have got it but am not able to understand if it is the backlog or something else that has prevented my case to be loaded and considered).

She could not tell me how long will it actually take them to load my application into their database.

I think by far this is the most true picture someone has bothered to provide me instead of telling me to wait for standard 9 weeks. This has not made my day though. Anyway, good luck everyone and am watching this space for your comments, experiences etc.

First thing that I would ask you is when does your visa expires? the reason that I am asking you this is that I am my couple of friends applied on 26th of Feb 2008. One of those friends did send send his passports on 12th of March and got his visa stamped on 8th of April and received documents on 11th of April ( his visa was running out on 12th april).

Now
My case ( oh I forgot to mention I got visa stamped till 2011 april 20)

Application sent : 26th Feb
Applicatin received: 27th Feb
Amount deducted : 27th Feb
All required documents were sent with application
Visa stamped on 16th April
Response received on 18th April.

So your visa expires late they will process it late (I think this because what * I have observed or I believe* is that they have queue based on when your current leave to remain expires.

I wish you good luck and also all those who are waiting for their response, Hopefully you will get your visa sooner than later.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:09 am

I got visa stamped till 2011 and I thank all of members of forums for sharing ideas and providing me support in these moments of immense confusion.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:11 pm

[quote="hsmp_immigrant
Last edited by reliable-mate on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:12 pm

hsmp_immigrant wrote:
reliable-mate wrote:got a phone call back from the home office call centre (a pleasant surprise!) as promised. not very encouraging news - once application has been loaded into their database it could take anything between 5 and 14 weeks to be processed. Now that my application has not been loaded into the database due to the backlog, I don't know when should I actually expect it to be processed. The biggest disappointment is that if my case has not been loaded due to a backlog, how have some Mar applicants got their documents back? (Please do not misunderstand me - I am happy for people who have got it but am not able to understand if it is the backlog or something else that has prevented my case to be loaded and considered).

First thing that I would ask you is when does your visa expires? the reason that I am asking you this is that I am my couple of friends applied on 26th of Feb 2008. One of those friends did send send his passports on 12th of March and got his visa stamped on 8th of April and received documents on 11th of April ( his visa was running out on 12th april).

Now
My case ( oh I forgot to mention I got visa stamped till 2011 april 20)

Application sent : 26th Feb
Applicatin received: 27th Feb
Amount deducted : 27th Feb
All required documents were sent with application
Visa stamped on 16th April
Response received on 18th April.

So your visa expires late they will process it late (I think this because what * I have observed or I believe* is that they have queue based on when your current leave to remain expires.

I wish you good luck and also all those who are waiting for their response, Hopefully you will get your visa sooner than later.
First of all, a BIG congrats!! It definitely provides a ray of hope to people like me.

Thanks for sharing your insights. That is a very interesting insight actually. My visa is valid till the end of July 2008. The reason for an early application was to sort out re-mortgage and a habit to be well planned and ahead of the game wherever possible.

If your gut feel is correct, that is ludicrous as I did speak to home office before sending my application and they were fine with an early application. These bureaucrats make their own unofficial rules that screws people up. Anyway, I don't think I have a choice in this situation. I might actually take legal opinion to see if home office can be brought to book for failing to provide a service. If it takes them so long even in straightforward cases like ours, just imagine the plight of genuine but border line cases.

Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted.

hsmp_immigrant

Post by hsmp_immigrant » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:26 pm

reliable-mate wrote:
First of all, a BIG congrats!! It definitely provides a ray of hope to people like me.

Thanks for sharing your insights. That is a very interesting insight actually. My visa is valid till the end of July 2008. The reason for an early application was to sort out re-mortgage and a habit to be well planned and ahead of the game wherever possible.

If your gut feel is correct, that is ludicrous as I did speak to home office before sending my application and they were fine with an early application. These bureaucrats make their own unofficial rules that screws people up. Anyway, I don't think I have a choice in this situation. I might actually take legal opinion to see if home office can be brought to book for failing to provide a service. If it takes them so long even in straightforward cases like ours, just imagine the plight of genuine but border line cases.

Thanks again and I will keep everyone posted.

Thanks for your response and Hopefully you will get visa sooner...... the other things is that you can do is send and urgent treatment form ... but fax number was being changed and when I called them they gave me another number to fax urgent treatment form.... though according to them my file was already with case worker so urgent treatment did not pay off but it was my turn. They emailed me this number 0114 2072884 to fax on to make sure that this numbers is not changed you can email them about your reason at wpukltr@ind.homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and see what number they provide you, then fax urgent treatment form on that number. After two days of sending urgent treatment form I called them again and asked what was the status ... but no response from advisor. I emailed customer services again and then got reply that It was approved...but not mailed .. then I called HO and asked after providing the situation that I got email reply for my case from customer services please check as I am worried about it being lost somewhere ..... then next I received my documents back... so hopefully you can get the status in this way.
HSMP _ IMMIGRANT

hghalib
Newly Registered

Visa Stamped

Post by hghalib » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:38 pm

I got my passports back today. Here is the timeline:

Application sent 22nf Feb
Acknowledgement letter dated 25th Feb
Fees taken 26th Feb
Previous Visa Expiry date 7th April 2008
Passport received back 24th April 2008

rathnavadivel
Newly Registered

VISA stamped

Post by rathnavadivel » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi folks,

I just received my passports with stamping till 2011.

Application sent 25th Feb
Fees taken 26th Feb
Previous Visa Expiry date 19th April 2008
Passport received back 25th April 2008

Thanks for your support and hope everyone gets theirs passports back soon.

Btw. I had called them yesterday but they told it might take another week!

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:09 am

Good morning everyone,

Finally got my documents back as well. Visa extended till Jul 2011. July 2008 is my current visa validity.

Timeline:

Posted 23rd Feb
Money deducted: 27th Feb
Reference number received: 3rd Mar
Visa received: 23rd Apr Wed

Thanks everyone for their experiences and support. By the way, I called them on fri before that and was told that my application is yet to be allotted to a caseworker and by tue afternoon they had dispatched it. :lol:

tangocharlie
Newly Registered

Post by tangocharlie » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Congratulaitons ...

I think we all through now from this process.

Is any one still waiting fo the docs, who applied in feb???
reliable-mate wrote:Good morning everyone,

Finally got my documents back as well. Visa extended till Jul 2011. July 2008 is my current visa validity.

Timeline:

Posted 23rd Feb
Money deducted: 27th Feb
Reference number received: 3rd Mar
Visa received: 23rd Apr Wed

Thanks everyone for their experiences and support. By the way, I called them on fri before that and was told that my application is yet to be allotted to a caseworker and by tue afternoon they had dispatched it. :lol:

hsmp0208
Newly Registered

Application from Feb.

Post by hsmp0208 » Mon Apr 28, 2008 4:01 pm

I am still waiting for my papers, applied in Feb and have been told by the cus contact center that it will take some more time?

reliable-mate

Re: Application from Feb.

Post by reliable-mate » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:34 pm

hsmp0208 wrote:I am still waiting for my papers, applied in Feb and have been told by the cus contact center that it will take some more time?
Try pestering them with an urgent treatment form. refer to an earlier post here. I was advised (indirectly) by the customer service staff to do that despite the fact their website states home office is not accepting any urgent treatment requests. Good luck.

tangocharlie
Newly Registered

Re: Application from Feb.

Post by tangocharlie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:18 pm

I have heard they are not accepting Urgen Treatment for the intial application but they are accepting for the FLR.
If your have very genuine reason they will accept the UTF but beforehand you have to staisfy the person that you have very genuine reason.
Also your docs might be on your way now..

Good luck mate

hsmp0208 wrote:I am still waiting for my papers, applied in Feb and have been told by the cus contact center that it will take some more time?

reliable-mate

Post by reliable-mate » Sat May 03, 2008 4:15 pm

the forum has been quiet for some time. I guess everyone from february has got his/her case sorted. Well done all of us and thank god!

bond011
Newly Registered

timelines

Post by bond011 » Sun May 18, 2008 3:36 am

Here goes my timelines

HSMP applied from UK on 14 Feb 2008
Approved on 8 April 2008

FLR appled on 18 April 2008
Urgent treatment applied on 8 May 2008
FLR approved on 14 May 2008
Docs received on 15 May 2008