ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching FLR(M) to Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Stephlu88
Newly Registered
Australia

Switching FLR(M) to Tier 2 General

Post by Stephlu88 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:12 pm

Hello all,

I am relatively new to this forum and really struggling to find information on this. I am coming up to the end of my FLR(M) visa and am switching to a Tier 2 General visa. It is my belief that I must do so from outside the country, is this correct? And if I do so from outside the country, am I okay to apply for the Tier 2 General visa even if my FLR(M) visa has lapsed? I'm just conscious of the Restricted CoS backlog and want to cover all my bases otherwise I would just renew FLR(M).

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Switching FLR(M) to Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:26 pm

It is my belief that I must do so from outside the country, is this correct?
Correct yes. This will reset your clock for ILR to zero though.
And if I do so from outside the country, am I okay to apply for the Tier 2 General visa even if my FLR(M) visa has lapsed?

Yes. They are two completely unrelated visa categories.
I'm just conscious of the Restricted CoS backlog and want to cover all my bases otherwise I would just renew FLR(M).
Why wouldn't you renew FLR(M) anyway if you have already been on this visa for 2.5 years??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.