ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FP Refusal Overturned by ECM

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eubritish
United Kingdom

EEA FP Refusal Overturned by ECM

Post by eubritish » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:51 pm

Hello,

The refusal of EEA Family Permit for my extended family member (sibling) has been overturned by Entry Clearance Manager after I sent the PAP.

They letter from ECM said that application will be reconsidered. I know this does not automatically mean that visa will be issued but I am wondering if there is anyone else in the same position as I am trying to guess how long this would take.

From what I have gathered, there is no timeline at all so it can take months but perhaps someone has a similar experience? I called up the UKBA customer service who said it would be between 3 to 6 weeks but that sounds too good to be true.

Thanks,

4uvak
United Kingdom

Re: EEA FP Refusal Overturned by ECM

Post by 4uvak » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:31 pm

I would think 1 month

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 pm

4uvak wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:31 pm
I would think 1 month
Thanks. Were yourself or someone you know in the same position? or is that your guess?

I sent an email inquiry to the UKBA customer service today (because email is cheaper than calling them) who responded an hour later but they had no clue what I was asking. They are next to useless!

peaceinmind
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by peaceinmind » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 pm

eubritish wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 pm
4uvak wrote:
I would think 1 month
Thanks. Were yourself or someone you know in the same position? or is that your guess?

I sent an email inquiry to the UKBA customer service today (because email is cheaper than calling them) who responded an hour later but they had no clue what I was asking. They are next to useless!
eubritich I am in the same situation now! i am wondering have you got your passport back with the visa? and how long did it take ?

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:34 pm

peaceinmind wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:08 pm
eubritish wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:07 pm
4uvak wrote:
I would think 1 month

eubritich I am in the same situation now! i am wondering have you got your passport back with the visa? and how long did it take ?
Unfortunately nothing yet. I am still waiting, it has been more than 3 months of wait. The new regulations come into force tomorrow so I am hoping this should kick start the processing of on hold applications.

Why was your refused?

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi all,

I am posting a note here just to ask once more if there is anyone who is/has been in a similar situation? or if anyone has an idea of what I could to chase UKBA for a decision.

I have written numerous times to UKBA, contacted their (utterly useless) customer service which is not free either, complained to their complaints email, contacted my MP who wrote to them. Basically everything that I could think of, but to no avail.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do? it has been more than 4 months since the refusal was overturned and I haven't heard back from them. The only replies I get are the templated emails just to say I have to wait, and they will contact me as soon as a decision is made.

Perhaps the experienced gurus might have an idea.

Thanks for any help,

abraCadabra

Post by abraCadabra » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 pm

[/quote]

Unfortunately nothing yet. I am still waiting, it has been more than 3 months of wait. The new regulations come into force tomorrow so I am hoping this should kick start the processing of on hold applications.

Why was your refused?
[/quote]

What new regulations are you referring to?

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:04 pm

abraCadabra wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:10 pm

What new regulations are you referring to?
Sorry I meant the Lounes case. The EEA FP application of my dependent sibling was refused because of me naturalizing as British.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Post by eubritish » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi Obie / CASA and other moderators,

Do you guys know by any chance or any idea what does status 'BEING REVIEWED' mean? This is what the UKBA customer service guys told me when I called them up. I guess it means they are reviewing it which is pretty obvious but not sure what exactly are they reviewing.

I would appreciate any help someone can offer.

Thanks,