ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child dependant - Sponsorship undertaking

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Adding a child as a dependent on fiancee visa

Post by razakgh3 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:02 pm

Hello Everyone,

I have just completed filling out a fiancee visa application online (Visa4UK) for my fiancee. I have added our son as a dependent on my fiancee application. However, when I proceed to the payment section, I am only getting payment for one applicant. My understanding is that I would have to pay for two applicants since our son is on the application as a dependent.

Do I have have to complete a separate application form for our soon as a child dependent? if so, do we post both my fiancee and my son's application together since I am sponsoring both of them and have only one set of documents?

Background information:
I am a British citizen
my fiancee and our son are both American citizens living in new york.
my son was born before i naturalised as a british citizen.
My son is 10 months old

I would be grateful for all your help. I stuck at the moment because i don't want to mess it up.
Thanks

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Accommodation Requirement - fiancee and dependant visa application

Post by razakgh3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi All,

I need help to clarify the following:

I have rented a 2 bedroom flat so that if my fiancee and my son move to the uk we can leave there together and also it would enable us to meet the accommodation requirement. I will be moving into the flat next month, I have got tenancy agreement document for the flat. i have also stated in my letter of support that i will be moving into that flat.

Is it ok for my fiancee and my son to put in their visa applications before i move to the flat?

I was about to fill the sponsorship undertaking form and it states I must be living at the address and must provide documents to support that i live there. these document doesn't include tenancy agreement.

I will appreciate any suggesting as to what's best for me to do. whether to wait to move before sending the application or send it with tenancy agreement and letter from my landlord.

Thanks in advance for your help

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Accommodation Requirement - fiancee and dependant visa application

Post by physicskate » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:44 pm

razakgh3 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:42 pm
Hi All,

I need help to clarify the following:

I have rented a 2 bedroom flat so that if my fiancee and my son move to the uk we can leave there together and also it would enable us to meet the accommodation requirement. I will be moving into the flat next month, I have got tenancy agreement document for the flat. i have also stated in my letter of support that i will be moving into that flat.

Is it ok for my fiancee and my son to put in their visa applications before i move to the flat?

I was about to fill the sponsorship undertaking form and it states I must be living at the address and must provide documents to support that i live there. these document doesn't include tenancy agreement.

I will appreciate any suggesting as to what's best for me to do. whether to wait to move before sending the application or send it with tenancy agreement and letter from my landlord.

Thanks in advance for your help
Are you sure you've filled in Appendix 2? You don't need the SU07 form...

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by razakgh3 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:49 pm

I've printed and filled both Appendix 2 and 1.

Appendix 2 for my fiancee and Appendix for my son.

Are you saying i don't need to add SU07?

Thanks for responding to my post.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:46 am

physicskate wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:44 pm

You don't need the SU07 form...
This SU07 form is used to sponsor adult dependent relatives and not (seemingly) relevant to your case.

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by razakgh3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:06 pm

Thank you all for your response. That was a great help.

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

child dependant - Sponsorship undertaking

Post by razakgh3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi All,

I need some clarification with regards to the sponsorship undertaking.

Do I need to include the sponsorship undertaking for a child dependant visa?

I asked the same question with regards to my fiancee and had excellent response to clarify that I don't need it for fiancee visa.

I was assuming I don't need the sponsorship undertaking form for my son too but on the Appendix 1 form it states: If you're applying for a indefinite leave to enter your sponsor must complete the sponsorship undertaking form and you must submit it with your application.

I thought the sponsorship underling was for only adult dependants?

Any response is most welcome. thanks in advance for your help.

Razak

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Settlement Visa - From USA

Post by razakgh3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:59 pm

Hi Physicskate,

Do you know if i have to fill sponsorship undertaking for a dependant visa? the appendix 1 i am filling for my son states; if you're applying for indefinite leave to enter your sponsor should complete the sponsorship undertaking.

I've read dependant children of a british citizen are giving indefinitely leave straightaway?

I would appreciate your response.

thanks, Razak

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Fiancé Visa - From USA

Post by physicskate » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:10 pm

Is this your biological child or step-child? Where they born outside the UK before you gained ILR?

Usually a child is granted leave in line with the less-privileged parent in visa terms, which would be the child's mother in this case. So I'm not convinced ILE will be granted. Instead I think it's much more likely he will be on a 5 year path to ILR as his mother is not settled.

Therefore, still no SU07.

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by razakgh3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:20 pm

Thanks Physicstake.

Yes he's my biological son. He was born outside the UK before i naturalised as a British Citizen. Although at the time of his birth I had indefinite leave to remain and was waiting for the outcome of my naturalisation application. I know he's not qualify for citizens because he was born few weeks before i was granted citizenship. Thank you

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by razakgh3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:25 pm

A bit information. He's applying with his mother in new york. Both of them are US citizens.

Is he applying as the child of a person with limited leave? in this case which might be his mother should she be granted entry or is she apply as a child of a british citizen (not a person with limited leave)? thank you for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: child dependant - Sponsorship undertaking

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Kindly refrain from tagging onto other members topics and continue to ask questions when you already have your own thread. Relevant posts split and merged with your thread.

See point 12 of the forum rules FAQs (click to read)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 pm

Both your partner and your son apply with VAF4A and Appendix 2 (each). Child will get a visa in line with your partner, i.e. 2.5 years.

Appendix 1 is relevant to a child applying for ILE when both parents have ILR or BC.

You DO NOT need SU07 form for either.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

razakgh3
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by razakgh3 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Thanks CR001. Apologies for tagging onto another member post.

My Fiancee is applying for a fiancee visa. If all goes well she will get a 6 month fiancee visa. Does it mean My son will get a six month visa too?

Thanks for your help

ores23
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ores23 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:40 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:39 pm
Both your partner and your son apply with VAF4A and Appendix 2 (each). Child will get a visa in line with your partner, i.e. 2.5 years.

Appendix 1 is relevant to a child applying for ILE when both parents have ILR or BC.

You DO NOT need SU07 form for either.
I just posted but I researched and found this user had the same questions I had. I only did appendix 2 for myself but my fiancee included me and my on that appendix. do you think they will defined my application since there was only 1 appendix form sent ? if you are aware of where this information is stated on the website that will be helpful as well being I might of overlooked where both applications needed an appendix 2 form given my child was added as a dependent.