ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Reference for a Minor for Naturalisation MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Second Reference for a Minor for Naturalisation MN1

Post by 2347526 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:53 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of applying British Naturalisation for my 6 year old daughter. She was born outside UK and has been here since 2014. Requirement for the second reference is someone who has engaged professionally with her like a teacher or GP. I have asked her teacher but she has declined stating against school policy. GP has given similar reason. There is no health visitor or social worker to ask.

I have a close friend who is a British professional and knows us very well. Can he provide the reference instead and will his be accepted?

Thank you.

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Re: Second Reference for a Minor for Naturalisation MN1

Post by ajay.jethani » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:49 pm

Just to be honest. I'm doing the same for my son (5 year old) as i've appointment next week on 19th

hope it is ok and i've asked the same question in forum multiple times. still waiting for answer

But i would like to submit application soon as i want to get it signed as well from my current workplace

thanks
ajay

ajay.jethani
United Kingdom

Post by ajay.jethani » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:16 pm

Also just to make you aware i'm applying via NDRS. I'm not sure which route you are applying via whether NCS or NDRS etc

thanks, Ajay

Post by 2347526 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:28 pm

I am making an online application and will be using NCS.

It seems unfair to put this responsibility to a teacher or a GP as they cannot be a reference to anyone who asks them. I do not blame them as they are doing us a favour and are under no obligation to provide a reference.

Please let me know what they say about the reference. Thank you.