ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

URGENT form error

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

URGENT Tier 2 Visa - marital status

Post by k1990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:30 am

Hi,
I am needing to submit my documents as soon as possible for my tier 2 visa.

I have been with my partner for 18 months. We do not live together however plan to once my visa is approved.

In the section re marital status, are we classified as unmarried partner or single?? As I have read that unmarried partner is living together however all the definitions are in relation to defacto visa not a tier 2 visa.

Thank you
Kate

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: URGENT Tier 2 Visa - marital status

Post by k1990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:02 am

I should also add he is a British citizen.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated as all the definitions on the internet are in relation to defacto visa which I am not applying for.

Thanks
Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:17 am

You can state 'partner'. As he is clearly not applying for a visa, he is under now 'classification' as such.

I would however suggest you do not state you are 'single' if you plan to marry and potentially switch visas later on.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by k1990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:23 am

Thank you for your reply.

It is a drop down box which only has 'single' ; 'unmarried partner' ; 'married' ; 'fiancee' ; 'divorced' ; 'separated' ; 'widowed'

I am still just confused with the definitions as they all mention living together for 2 years and are in relation to the defacto visa.

Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:26 am

You could choose unmarried partner. The 2 years living together is relevant if BOTH partners are applying and one applying as a dependent on the other. This is not the case in your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by k1990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:39 am

Do you mean if both partners were applying for a defacto visa?? Which I am not in this case.

So it should be ok to select unmarried partner despite not really meeting to definition on the internet? As it requests to me list passport details etc

I've waited so long for approval for tier 2 that I dont want to make an error in my paperwork.

Thanks again,
Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:44 am

Do you mean if both partners were applying for a defacto visa?? Which I am not in this case.
Yes, if you are both applying for Tier 2 and Tier 2 Dependent, then the 2 year living together with evidence is mandatory.
So it should be ok to select unmarried partner despite not really meeting to definition on the internet? As it requests to me list passport details etc

What was the question in the form before the drop down box?? Please note we cannot see the online form and questions.
I've waited so long for approval for tier 2 that I dont want to make an error in my paperwork.

You are applying on your own. As far as I am aware, partner details are only required if your partner is applying with you for a dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by k1990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 am

Question is:
'What is your marital status?'
Then drop down box to select options
- Single
- Unmarried partner
- Married
- Fiancee
- Divorced
- Seperated
- Widowed

Then, once unmarried partner is selected, it requests there details such as passport details, nationality, address, contact number.

I feel as I'm applying on my own tier 2 sponsorship, my partners details are not that significant given I'm applying independently of him/not for defacto visa.
But just concerned as I don't meet some of the definitions online and if then I should change it to 'single'.

Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:59 am

For all visa intents and purposes, you simply have a boyfriend who is British so you are therefore 'single' as you don't live together. There are no 'boyfriend/girlfriend' visas or categories.

You can also however add information in the 'additional information' page if you feel it is relevant.

If you select Fiance, simply as you state you will marry soon, what is the next question asked for??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by k1990 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:04 am

We do not have plans to marry soon therefore I will not select this category.

It is probably more suitable to select single then as I do not meet the definition which all speak of living together for 2 years.
'According to the Immigration Rules and the EEA regulations, the term unmarried partner relationship is be defined as: "Two persons living together in a relationship akin to marriage for at least two years'
third party immigration firm weblink removed by moderator

Thanks for your help.

Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:15 am

Then you are single for visa purposes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

URGENT form error

Post by k1990 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:34 pm

Hi again,

I was just re-reading my form and realised that I made an error in a question -

36: HAVE YOU SPENT MORE THAN 12 MONTHS IN A
COUNTRY, CONSECUTIVELY OR CUMULATIVELY, OTHER
THAN YOUR CURRENT LOCATION, IN THE PAST 10
YEARS? (OR SINCE REACHING THE AGE OF 18 IF LESS)?

I ticked N when it is actually Y I lived in the UK for 2 years on a tier 5 visa.

I have completed the form, paid what do I do now? Will it be declined? Can I make pen edits

Thanks
Kate

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: URGENT form error

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Correct it by hand on the print out of the online form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

k1990
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: URGENT form error

Post by k1990 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:43 pm

Just cross out NO and write YES - tier 5 visa from 2016-2018. But then I dont know if they were further questions?

Would they decline an application based on this?
Thanks
Kate