ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 E extension to ILR (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ganeshaa11
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ganeshaa11 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm

Hello members,
I need a valuable information,please help me.
I applied for the Tier1 entrepreneur extension on may 2017.I had my company visit from the ho on March 2018.i am still wait for my results.On September 2019 I am completing my 10yrs.I am worried if I been rejected( tier1 E extension) does it affect my 10yrs long residency rule.Is it advisable to vary my application at this point before rejection.Many thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 1 E extension to ILR (LR)

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Don't tag your questions to other people's posts
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Ganeshaa11 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:48 pm
Hello members,
I need a valuable information,please help me.
I applied for the Tier1 entrepreneur extension on may 2017.I had my company visit from the ho on March 2018.i am still wait for my results.On September 2019 I am completing my 10yrs.I am worried if I been rejected( tier1 E extension) does it affect my 10yrs long residency rule.Is it advisable to vary my application at this point before rejection.Many thanks
If it is rejected and AR also rejected, then you can still apply for ILR (LR) within 14 days. It does not impact your 10 yr stay.

However, you will be an overstayer until the LR is decided. This should not be a problem for you, however, if you have some dependants working and so, they will lose those rights.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:20 pm

I applied on May 17 as well and still waiting for outcome.
Interviewed end of march.
I'm completing 10 years next month.

Ganeshaa11
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ganeshaa11 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:02 pm

Hello members,
Could please answer
If my tier1 E extension got rejected can I go for flr application instead of AR.Does it affect my 10years rule?
If my tier1 E extension got rejected.Does it affect my 10 years.
Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:50 pm

If your extension is rejected, any subsequent application will render you an overstayer. So you better vary the extension to SET(LR) if you want to.
Please remember that if for your extension is refused for some specific reasons like genuineness or deception, your SET(LR) will certainly be refused on the same grounds.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:30 am

Ganeshaa11 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:02 pm
Hello members,
Could please answer
If my tier1 E extension got rejected can I go for flr application instead of AR.Does it affect my 10years rule?
If my tier1 E extension got rejected.Does it affect my 10 years.
Many thanks
So many people got ILR after been refused on genuiness and credibility but if someone is caught in deception means under 322 section then chances to get ILR is 1 out 100.
My MP says that Home office has short of staff. If you search on board or if you have links with solicitors and consultants then you will come to the conclusion that people who were interviewed in Sep 17, oct 17 and Nov 17 are still getting decision.
I have seen only one person so far who was interviewed in Feb 18 and got approval last week.

taz09
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by taz09 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:30 am

I applied 2nd tier 1 extension application after the 1st one got refused on the grounds of payroll and accountant registration mistakes. I've rectified both and reapplied and still waitind for the outcome. I'm completing 10 years stay on 1st October 2018. So does this mean i can apply 28 days before for set LR now? And would this application be through post or i can get a premium booking? I'm confused as my solicitor said u can and another said i can't. If anyone can help. Much appreciated.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 am

taz09 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:30 am
I applied 2nd tier 1 extension application after the 1st one got refused on the grounds of payroll and accountant registration mistakes. I've rectified both and reapplied and still waitind for the outcome. I'm completing 10 years stay on 1st October 2018. So does this mean i can apply 28 days before for set LR now? And would this application be through post or i can get a premium booking? I'm confused as my solicitor said u can and another said i can't. If anyone can help. Much appreciated.
Stick to your own post :!:

indefinite-leave-to-remain/set-lr-waiti ... 63602.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ganeshaa11
Newly Registered
India

Post by Ganeshaa11 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Hello members,
Please give some information.
My immigration history:I came as student on October 2009.Then I got PSW.After PSW I applied for tier1 Entrepreneur visa with my friend and got it on may 2014.
On the time of our Tier1 E extension May 2017,my partner got tier2 visa in the last moment(2days before extension).So I applied myself and had my company visit from ho on March 2018.Unfortnately they found the rapayment of directors loan at the time of company visit.I am still waiting for the decision.I have 11 more months to complete my 10years.Some solicitors saying if HO reject my 10year will break,some saying better to vary the application.I don’t know what to do...
Please pour some valuable information regarding:
1.Will my 10 year will break if they refuse my extension?
2.Is it possible to go for flr application without breaking my 10year,if they refuse
Many thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:45 pm

Ganeshaa11 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:30 pm
Hello members,
Please give some information.
My immigration history:I came as student on October 2009.Then I got PSW.After PSW I applied for tier1 Entrepreneur visa with my friend and got it on may 2014.
On the time of our Tier1 E extension May 2017,my partner got tier2 visa in the last moment(2days before extension).So I applied myself and had my company visit from ho on March 2018.Unfortnately they found the rapayment of directors loan at the time of company visit.I am still waiting for the decision.I have 11 more months to complete my 10years.Some solicitors saying if HO reject my 10year will break,some saying better to vary the application.I don’t know what to do...
Please pour some valuable information regarding:
1.Will my 10 year will break if they refuse my extension?
2.Is it possible to go for flr application without breaking my 10year,if they refuse
Many thanks
Once you have refusal (and AR if you go for that), the continuous stay will be broken as you will become an overstayer.
However, this period of overstay will be ignored for the purposes of your new applicaiton, so there is no practical impact on your next application

(though I am not sure why you think you will get a rejection - repaying the DL cannot be a disqualification).