ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR not accepted - Evidence for living together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

baskey

Spouse ILR not accepted - Evidence for living together

Post by baskey » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:04 pm

Hi,

This is for my friend, who is a british citizen and his wife is in Spouse visa at present which is going to expire in another 3 weeks. They have gone to Home office today for getting ILR for his wife. They had evidence of bills and other govt. correspondence as stated in the requirement except for first 3 months (i.e from Oct 2003 till Dec 2003.) out of 2 years of stay as a married spouse. ( also had their baby 4 months before). The officer in the Home office refused her application and told them to bring evidence for first 3 months of living together.

Now he is hardly finding any proof for this period. Could any one suggest what can he do to solve this problem. Whether any body had similar problem in the past. Is a affidavate from a solicitator would help in coming out of this issue?

Any feedback is welcome..

Thanks,

REgards,

baskey

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:05 am

No offence meant but unlikley application refused on this basis solely unless other issues raised by the caseworker and were not responded to and/or substantiated by the applicant and spouse. Was refusal letter issued and what are the grounds? In other words I can't help without the truth. PM if you prefer.

sreeni

Post by sreeni » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:49 pm

can they refuse the application simply because they cant show the first few months? If so then i think ill need to start saving all my stuff :? Do you have to send them 2 years worth of bank statements /letters/bills etc?:O that cant be right?

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Aug 26, 2005 5:56 pm

sreeni wrote:can they refuse the application simply because they cant show the first few months? If so then i think ill need to start saving all my stuff :? Do you have to send them 2 years worth of bank statements /letters/bills etc?:O that cant be right?
Yes they need it for 2 yrs atleast. But in his case we are trying to get some old proof like a letter from NHS doctor..

But better option to include spouse name as a joint account in utilitity bills, BT bills and Bank etc..

Regards,

Baskey

singlemom
Newly Registered

hope it helps you

Post by singlemom » Sun May 18, 2008 9:07 pm

well am actually trying to stop my partner getting ilr but i wil tell you that if it's the sponsor's home or other way about they have to be named under that house i e on rent agreement also bills have to be either sole name of his /her's name and joint name's also and you have to have bank statements proving that those bills have been paid either as a couple or as the one with the visa not to mention that bank statements cannot look if they've got any indiscretion's i e bankcharges they want to know that you got accesible money coming in as i provided home office with 2 years worth of statements and when they got round to it they said there no longer valid as they are out of date now all i sayis pester them time and time again even better still go to immigration advisory service they will help you and it's free advice my ex is here due to them i only pray you have better luck than i did :cry:

Nowty

Post by Nowty » Fri May 23, 2008 11:01 pm

My friend who went for a personal appointment for ILR a year ago witnessed someone being turned away because they did not have anything from the first 3 months either. They HO specifically wanted something for the first 3 months and the last 3 months of the 2 year period. And were more lenient with the time between.