ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When can I apply for EEA2 (Extended Family Member)?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eubritish
United Kingdom

When can I apply for EEA2 (Extended Family Member)?

Post by eubritish » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:39 pm

Hello,

It might be a stupid question but reading up about it, I have made myself confused.

Extended family member arrives in the UK on EEA Family Permit. When can they apply for EEA Residence Card? is it the usual '28 days before expiry'? or can it be done earlier as well?

I have seen conflicting advises from my online search so not sure anymore.

If anyone can answer this, I would be grateful.

Thanks,

secret.simon

Re: When can I apply for EEA2 (Extended Family Member)?

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:05 pm

Any time after arrival, as long as they meet the requirement for being an extended family member. EEA documentation (Family Permit/(Permanent) Residence Card) are not visas. They merely certify that the Home Office accepts that the conditions of the applicant being an (extended) family member are met on the day of issue of the Permit/Card.

Their right to reside in the UK is dependent on their continuing to meet the requirements throughout the five year period to PR.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

eubritish
United Kingdom

Re: When can I apply for EEA2 (Extended Family Member)?

Post by eubritish » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:31 pm

Thanks Simon.