ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foldline on photo of reference letter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fedus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Foldline on photo of reference letter?

Post by Fedus » Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:28 pm

Dear all,

I have a slightly unusual question:
I'm applying via Document return JCAP and one of my referees has sent me the signed letter by mail and it was folded to fit into the envelope. The fold line goes through the attached photo as a result.

I wanted to check if anyone has any idea whether that can cause any issues (creased photo?).
I gave HO a quick call and they said that there is no requirement for letters to be not-folded etc. but wanted to double check.
My apologies for such a paranoid question - after seeing posts about rejected applications for all kinds of reasons wanted to make sure everything is in order!

Thanks and regards,

Fedus

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Foldline on photo of reference letter?

Post by equitydealer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:15 pm

For passport applications creases in the photo are not accepted. As Government departments often follow the same guidelines I’d say it’s better to be safe than sorry.

https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports

The HO helpline are notorious for giving out the wrong advice.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Fedus
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Foldline on photo of reference letter?

Post by Fedus » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:43 am

Thanks, Equitydealer,

I'll get a new one just to be safe!

Regards,

Fedus