ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement Letter Waiting Time?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mrdash
Newly Registered
Singapore

Acknowledgement Letter Waiting Time?

Post by mrdash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:15 am

Hi all,

Does anyone know roughly how long it takes after sending our supporting documents before we receive an acknowledgement letter? I have sent mine on 20th August and not received anything back to confirm that they have my documents. This was an online application where I had to post my supporting documents. From the timeline thread I can see that most get their acknowledgement letter within 15 days, but I have not received any response yet.

How long to wait for it to be reasonable to start asking? If I call UKVI Contact Centre, will they be able to tell us if they have our documents?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Acknowledgement Letter Waiting Time?

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:55 am

1. You should keep your questions in your existing topic you already have.

2. Not everyone gets an acknowledgement letter. Presumably you posted it with tracking number so you can track the parcel??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrdash
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mrdash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:22 pm

Yes, I tracked the parcel and it was received and signed "RMREALY" (not sure what that stands for).

However, I have seen (in other threads) there were cases where UKVI have misplaced documents and didn't process it, and in the end UKVI sends a letter saying that their application has been cancelled as they did not receive the supporting documents in time.

I've also read other people having their documents redirected by the post to a different address, kept in the depot and destroyed after 4 months. Wouldnt want to be in such situation!

Therefore, I was expecting a letter to confirm recept of documents as I thought that's standard procedure. Didnt know that some might not even get sent this letter :|

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:42 pm

Dont expect anything from UKVI. You'll just have to wait and see.

In those threads you mention, you would have notice alot of them used ParecelForce and or sent it to the wrong address. As long as you sent it to the address they expect to receive it in and you have confirmations, then they have received it.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

mrdash
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mrdash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:50 pm

So I guess I'll only start asking questions after 8 months service standard? If so, when is that calculated from? From the point we submitted the online application (which apparently is the 'official' application date) or from the point they received supporting documents?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:01 pm

Date of biometrics.

You can email or call them at any time and ask for the department dealing with your application to confirm if they have received the documents.

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

Flitch7
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Flitch7 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:11 pm

i sent my documents on 19th July via royal mail and only received them back this week.

mrdash
Newly Registered
Singapore

Re: You have not submitted a valid immigration application

Post by mrdash » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 pm

Hi all,

I have now received the acknowledgement letter.

However, there is also a separate mail given to me saying that I have not submitted a valid immigration application, asking me to supply the missing evidence within 10 working days.

The missing document they cited was:
- You have not sent all the mandatory documents. You have failed to provide passport photos for you and your sponsor. Please send these to us.

I'm really confused here as we definitely sent the passport photos together with all other evidence, there is no doubt of this. We placed it in a smaller envelope and I've written on the envelope 'Photos'.

Could the note above just be a template response for any problems with the photos we sent them? Or have they misplaced the photos and need us to send the same again? My worry here is if there was in fact a problem with the photos we sent before, this is not made clear and if we send the same photos again, they might just reject it. Personally I dont see any problem with the photos we used, as we took the photos on a standard photo booth at a mall. Could it be that they don't like how the photos were cut, or the margins between the face and the edges of the photo?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:28 am

If they are specifically asking for passport photo how can it be a generic email?

Just send them the passport photos again within the 10 days as requested,