ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Italian Schengen financial requirements & fiance questio

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ratsut
Newly Registered

Italian Schengen financial requirements & fiance questio

Post by ratsut » Mon May 19, 2008 8:39 am

Hello,

I am moving to Rome in the very near future and I shall want to apply for my girlfriend (Thai) to join me for a while (help settle in etc). What documnt do I need in Italian to prove I have sufficient income to sustain her during her visit (if allowed!.. are there any success stories of girlfriends getting schengen visas in here?!!

Any other docs I will need? Any advice on the invitation? i.e. she's not my girlfriend but my long time family friend??

Also is there an equivalent for the fiance visa in schengen? I believe these stand more chances of being granted!!

Thanks in Advance

Worried and schengen oppressed.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon May 19, 2008 8:32 pm

What is your citizenship? Where do you live and are you working? How long have you been together with your girlfriend?

ratsut
Newly Registered

Post by ratsut » Tue May 20, 2008 8:02 am

Hi,

I am British and I am working in very gainful employment. We have been dating for about 1 year now.. with various holidays in Thailand and India.. we had previously applied through the German embassy (6 months prior) and were denied we presume because we applied for 3 months duration - which I believe is bad.

She has however since changed her name (for personal reasons) and we think that her previous application will not be referenced through her new details (although we feel this is by the by.. we could declare the previous rejection but we feel it best not too).

I think it also seems that visas appear to be rejected for 'girlfriends' and approved more for normal tourist or business reasons.. so I am worried that I am arguing with brick walls.

In Germany I needed a VerplichtungsErklarung (a declaration of means) what would I need in Italy and where do I get it? Or should I simply go for a tourist application?

Kind regards

Richard66

Post by Richard66 » Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 pm

I think the best bet for you is, once in Italy, to go to your local Italian bank and ask them to issue you with a fidejussione bancaria to the tune of whatever sum is required as the minimal allowance for her intended stay. There is such a table and it is called: tabella dei mezzi di sostenimento. You can find this on the Site of the Polizia di stato, the police that deals with immigration. You then can invite her, with a lettera di invito, but for this you will need to be legally resident in Italy, that is, enrolled in the local commune.

I'm afraid this will all take a long long time, however, but I'm not sure the Italians will take guarantees from someone based in the UK, using UK funds, for a visit to Italy.

I'm also afraid the girfriend status won't hold water either. If you were married it would be plain sailing, in that she could accompany you to Italy with a familiare al seguito visa.