ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch of job roles on Tier 2 General

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Switch of job roles on Tier 2 General

Post by wanderer05 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello,

I am currently on Tier 2 General (Primary) and have job role of Account Manager now, now after year's of self study and training at institute I am getting a role as IT professional.

Is switching of job titles & roles ok to a newer employer on Tier 2 General ?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Switch of job roles on Tier 2 General

Post by Djsuccess » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:43 pm

wanderer05 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:02 pm
Hello,

I am currently on Tier 2 General (Primary) and have job role of Account Manager now, now after year's of self study and training at institute I am getting a role as IT professional.

You can change jobs, job title or even move to another industry. As long as you are qualified to do the job. You will need to submit a new application, which will be reviewed and granted provided you meet all the requirements
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Post by wanderer05 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 am

Djsuccess wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:43 pm
wanderer05 wrote:
Hello,

You can change jobs, job title or even move to another industry. As long as you are qualified to do the job. You will need to submit a new application, which will be reviewed and granted provided you meet all the requirements

Thanks for the clarification.

Just one more thing - new application as in submit Tier 2 - extension correct and will carry over my stay from previous CoS too.

( Sorry for being lame but just wanted to be 100% sure that I understand it in a correct manner)

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:10 pm

wanderer05 wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 am
Djsuccess wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:43 pm
wanderer05 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for the clarification.

Just one more thing - new application as in submit Tier 2 - extension correct and will carry over my stay from previous CoS too.

( Sorry for being lame but just wanted to be 100% sure that I understand it in a correct manner)
You are not carrying anything over from your previous sponsor. You will make a new application with the new sponsor and a new COS. The Cos with the previous employer will be invalid once you have moved to another job. if what you meant was continuous stay, yes your continuous Tier 2 stay will continue with the new employer, provided your new application is successful
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Post by wanderer05 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:41 pm

I meant to say the latter part you have written with regards to counting of years.

Thanks for clarification.