ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

karthik_513

ILR to Citizenship

Post by karthik_513 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:40 am

Hi All,

I got my ILR from tier1 in the mid of 2016 and it expires in 2024.

I am planning to apply for Naturalization by end of next year or by April 2020 - Am I correct in assuming that I can apply for naturalization anytime before my ILR expires ?? Or is there any time frame/limit ??

Please let me know and appreciate your time .

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR to Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:42 am

1. Yes you can apply at any time.

2. The BRP Card expires NOT the ILR status.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

karthik_513

Naturalisation application

Post by karthik_513 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi ,

I am from non eu country. I got my ilr in 2016 ( expires in 2024) and still haven’t applied for citizenship.

Due to personal reasons, I got into debts in the last couple of years and still clearing it off. I have 4 defaults on my credit file ( no ccj) - I thought to clear the outstanding debts before applying for citizenship, which I am planning to do so by mid of next year.

Is this the right approach or will there be any change in rules after Brexit that would affect all future applications and is it better to apply straight away ??

Also will 4 defaults on my credit file have any impact on my naturalisation application( under good character rule ) ??

Please let me know your suggestions and thanks for your time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:12 pm

Brexit does NOT affect British nationality applications!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

karthik_513

Re: Naturalisation application

Post by karthik_513 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:45 am

Thanks your response CR001

will 4 defaults on my credit file have any impact on my naturalisation application( under good character rule ) ?? - I am planning to apply as soon as it’s cleared and displays settled status on my credit file .

Please let me know .

Thanks