ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

moving temporary out of UK while waiting for Citizenship confirmation?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

moving temporary out of UK while waiting for Citizenship confirmation?

Post by astaron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:17 pm

Hi guys,

I may be forced to move out of UK for some week, soon enough but right now I'm waiting for the citizenship application confirmation.
Since I have my homeland passport (which allows dual citizenship), that will be not an issue but will I have any other problem if I do that?

How does the Home Office communicate about the Citizenship Application status? If it is only by post, I may answer them in real delay since I'll check the post only when I'll be back home.
What if they need to interview me while I'm abroad?
Will it be possible to reschedule the interview without that this affects the application timing too much?

And what if they just need to confirm that the application was successful and then ask about the ceremony booking?

Thank you in advance for your help.
kind regards.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: moving temporary out of UK while waiting for Citizenship confirmation?

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:29 pm

You should really have someone check your mail in your absence just in case Home Office requests additional information (brown A5 envelope).
Normally there are no interviews for naturalisation (unlike for some immigration matters).
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by astaron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:37 pm

so, they may write me via mailbox.

Is it the only issue I should be aware of?
I may actually ask a friend of mine to check my mailbox, if that's the only problem.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:52 am

I think it should be ok - as long as you return within 2 years according to the ILR rules. Will wait for the experts to comment, but that is my understanding...

astaron
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by astaron » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:01 pm

well, actually, in the worst scenario, I would be away for 3 weeks max!
My concern is about losing my application because I'm not in condition to answer any urgent communication received by the HO, or attend the ceremony if the HO decides the day while I'm away.
Things like that, but, really, I'd like to hear from an expert to be sure I'm not making some mistake.

Meanwhile, I appreciate your help, Silverchloride, and Alterhase58!
Thanx a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:17 pm

You are overthinking. In the bigger scheme of things, you are not 'moving out' if you are only away for 3 weeks max.

You are free to travel. Just get someone to keep an eye on your post. HO don't always ask for additional stuff but they do often ask for original passports if they have a query on something.

Based on your previous 'HMPO text' topic, you have likely already done biometrics for your citizenship application, any further correspondence will be by post, second class.

british-citizenship/hmpo-sms-do-not-boo ... l#p1680558
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.