ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Kal79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Application for ILR

Post by Kal79 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:00 am

Hi
Please could you give advice. I had stanp 4 from ireland before moving to u.k. on tier2 general. I continued to renew my stamp 4 in ireland to visit ireland 9n stamp 4. Now i am applying ILR on tier2 5 year basis. Ahould i cancel my ireland stamp 4 resident visa or i can apply ILR on tier2 5 year residency fulfilling all requirements. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Application for ILR

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:20 am

How have you qualified for Stamp 4 in Ireland if you do not live there??

What are your absences on Tier 2??

You should be aware that Ireland and the UK share immigration information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kal79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kal79 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:52 pm

My absences are just for few days three to four times per year just for visiting purposes. Does it matter if you are fulfilling all the u.k. ILR requirements??

Kal79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kal79 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:56 pm

Please could you advice regarding above?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:02 pm

The problem is, you have requirements and conditions to meet to maintain Stamp 4 in Ireland. How are you meeting those??

UK and Ireland share immigration information.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kal79
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kal79 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:54 pm

Although more than one year ago, I have told garda that i have moved to u.k. and before that i was just visiting ireland as i had impression that one can renew stamp 4 without any requirement as they did not ask for any documents ever for renewel (even there was no job oppertunity in ireland)...i think i was granted as i had iron born child....but if i am in continuous employment in u.k. for 5 years fulfiling all requirement , will there be any problem? Much appreciated for your guidance ..