ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance of funds: ISA account

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bsc2007
India

Maintenance of funds: ISA account

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:59 pm

Two questions:

1. Can the amount in Barclay's Help to Buy ISA account and Skipton's Lifetime ISA account be valid to show the maintenance of funds for Tier 2 dependent extension visa? I'm going to go to Barclays and Skipton in Jan 2019 to get the previous 100 days' statements printed and stamped..

2. I am planning to apply for ILR in Dec 2018. My dependent wife and daughter will apply for Tier 2 extension in Jan 2019. Do I need to show £2205 (£945 main applicant + £630 + £630) or just £1260 (for 2 dependants)?

I'm assuming that for my ILR application, I dont have to show any maintenance of funds.

I read from other posts that I have to take statements of past 90 days for ALL the accounts (including Credit Cards, Savings, ISA, Current) for my ILR application.

Many thanks,
B

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Maintenance of funds: ISA account

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm

1. You cannot use a help to buy account as there are penalties to withdraw the money. You need to use a normal bank account with your own money.

2. You only need £630 for each dependent.
I'm assuming that for my ILR application, I dont have to show any maintenance of funds.
Correct.
I read from other posts that I have to take statements of past 90 days for ALL the accounts (including Credit Cards, Savings, ISA, Current) for my ILR application.
Which 'other posts' would that be?? For Tier 2 ILR, you ONLY need your bank statement where your salary is paid into and the matching payslips.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm
1. You cannot use a help to buy account as there are penalties to withdraw the money. You need to use a normal bank account with your own money.
Lifetime ISA has penalties. The Help to Buy ISA doesn't have any penalties and can be transferred to the main account in seconds. Is it still ineligible? I did rather not take any risk..
Which 'other posts' would that be?? For Tier 2 ILR, you ONLY need your bank statement where your salary is paid into and the matching payslips.
Okay, just the main bank account where the salary is credited for Tier 2 ILR. How long should the statements be for 3 months/6 months?

I'm trying to find the post where you/someone said to show all the possible statements for ILR in order to show financial activity. I dont know if it was 10 year route or Tier 2 ILR.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Here goes the topic: indefinite-leave-to-remain/bank-stateme ... ml#p496706

As always - very grateful for your prompt answer.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:50 pm

bsc2007 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 pm
Here goes the topic: indefinite-leave-to-remain/bank-stateme ... ml#p496706

As always - very grateful for your prompt answer.
That topic is from 2011, the rules have moved on since then. Additionally, the user in that topic was on the old style Work Permit, which was replaced by the PBS route visas and a different set of rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:10 pm

bsc2007 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:06 pm
Lifetime ISA has penalties. The Help to Buy ISA doesn't have any penalties and can be transferred to the main account in seconds. Is it still ineligible? I did rather not take any risk..
Okay, just the main bank account where the salary is credited for Tier 2 ILR. How long should the statements be for 3 months/6 months?

I'm trying to find the post where you/someone said to show all the possible statements for ILR in order to show financial activity. I dont know if it was 10 year route or Tier 2 ILR.
Thanks CR001.

I think you missed my above post.
1. I will NOT use the Help to buy ISA if there's any risk involved. Thanks for saving me again.
2. I will submit 6 months of bank statement and payslips. No other account statement for sure.

Best wishes,
B :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 pm

Don't confuse the different PBS/visa to ILR routes on Set(O), the same form is used for many categories. Long residence has no financial activity criteria.

For Tier 2 to ILR, you Okay, you only need to submit max 3 months payslips and bank statements. Focus on the Tier 2 ILR requirements alone.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:24 pm

Great - just 3 months then! :D

For Tier 2 dependent extension for my wife and daughter - am I right in thinking that it is okay to show the £1260 maintained in my wife's Barclays current account? My account will not have the minimum balance and I plan not to submit it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 pm

bsc2007 wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:24 pm
For Tier 2 dependent extension for my wife and daughter - am I right in thinking that it is okay to show the £1260 maintained in my wife's Barclays current account? My account will not have the minimum balance and I plan not to submit it.
Yes, either of your accounts can be used. Make sure that it does not dip below £1260 at all in the 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Fantastic! That's all for today. It's time to apply for a loan now to pay UKVI its extortion money! :cry:

Reiterating: I'm grateful to you and this forum. I'm sure there are many others who may not say this but feel the same as I do!

In gratitude,
B

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Note that the fees are going up on 8th October, see vinny's last post in the link below.

announces/fees-2018-t228357.html#p1681695
Char (CR001 not Casa)

navanee
Newly Registered
India

Post by navanee » Fri May 31, 2019 8:51 pm

Dear Char,

Can you please clarify a bit further why a help to buy ISA cannot be used towards maintenance? The policy guidance says that the funds should be in the form of 'Cash'. And in my opinion, HTB ISA is a cash account just like any other account as I am able to withdraw money from it any time I need. Will be very grateful if you throw some insights. Are there any previous cases that have been rejected by using the HTB ISA account for maintenance?

Best Regards,
Navanee

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Navanee,

I suggest to just go with what CR001 says. I reckon she has more experience than any other 'solicitor' in the UK! :lol:

Best wishes,
B

navanee
Newly Registered
India

Post by navanee » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:10 pm

Thanks for the answer B. My wife got her visa last week (thank god!). We showed her HTB ISA account as evidence along with all other bank statements (but only with ISA account, we were able to meet the maintenance funds).

bsc2007
India

Post by bsc2007 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:39 pm

Congratulations! Thanks for coming back and posting, as this will help others.

Best wishes,
B

othniel93
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Post by othniel93 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Hi @navanee,

SO in conclusion, the HELP TO BUY ISA was enough to prove maintanence funds?

Your help is much appreciated as I am going through the same issue.

Many thanks

oluinunad
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by oluinunad » Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:46 am

Please, I am in the same situation. Could you clarify whether or not the total money in the other accounts (without the balance of the HTB) was enough for the required maintenance funds for your visa category? I ask this question because it is possible that the visa officer was satisfied with the balances of the non-HTB accounts. In that case, s/he wouldnt have considered anything about the HTB balance. And if that is the case, it may not be safe to assume that HTB balance is valid maintenance funds requirements for visa application. Thank you.