ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I am overstayer in uk, want to marry a British citizen please help me

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Piyal
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

I am overstayer in uk, want to marry a British citizen please help me

Post by Piyal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:15 am

Hi, I am Piyal 37 years old, I came in uk as a student in 2011 and my visa expired on December of 2012. From then I am over stayer. Just few months ago once police caught me they found me as an overstayer they took me to the barking police custody. I was there overnight and in the morning they allowed me to go home, what so ever after that I got married(religious Islamic) with a British citizen. She is working in a council and she can meet the requirements of earning. Anyway we went to a solicitor and that lady was telling us that she's gonna get permission for civil marriage or registration, and she was telling after that she'll apply for my stay in the uk. And she was suggesting to have a baby. Now my questions are:1. Would I be get arrested on the day of civil registration? 2. Would that help us if we have a baby or she is pregnant? 3. Would the allow us to register our marriage. Please help us we are in too much love. We just can't leave each other. Please give us good advices. We would be too great full to you

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: I am overstayer in uk, want to marry a British citizen please help me

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:31 am

Safest and quickest way of success is to return back home and marry there then apply spouse visa from there. Having a British child wont guarantee that your overstaying status would be legalized so easily and your Islamic marriage conducted in uk wont be recognized.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Piyal
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Post by Piyal » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks for your reply, but as I am overstayer in this country, If I get back to Bangladesh won't I be banned to come in uk again?

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:03 am

There is possibility Immigration officers will be there for civil registration. Best to follow the advise of a professional legal representative.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

hypd76
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by hypd76 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 am

one of my friend from Malaysia and she is over 60 years old.
she stayed here illegally 10 years and she put ILR at 10 years. she refused and gone to hearing.
she talked with Citizen advisor for this and finally, she has got ILR.
she has her daughter with grandkids in UK and no one in her mother country.
Ho argued that she take out from the UK at the hearing nearly hour but a barrister said she can't hug their grand daughter.
I hope you will be find right way and good luck.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:04 am

hypd76 wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:33 am
one of my friend from Malaysia and she is over 60 years old.
she stayed here illegally 10 years and she put ILR at 10 years. she refused and gone to hearing.
she talked with Citizen advisor for this and finally, she has got ILR.
she has her daughter with grandkids in UK and no one in her mother country.
Ho argued that she take out from the UK at the hearing nearly hour but a barrister said she can't hug their grand daughter.
I hope you will be find right way and good luck.
The rule regarding granting the ILR based on long residence by being illegal for 14 years has long time being changed in to 20+ years. I think she might have been given discretionary leave to remain instead ILR.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.