ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earliest application to apply after cooling off.

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imreev
Newly Registered
India

Earliest application to apply after cooling off.

Post by Imreev » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:28 am

Hi,
I am explaining my situation in brief before asking the question.
I was on tier 2 ict visa in uk from 15 dec 2012 to, 25 dec 2017.. however my partner got sponsorship for tier 2 general and i became her dependent on 28 nov 2017..
17 sep 2018 her employer let her go from the job.

I understand while i am here on tier 2 dependent visa from 28 nov 2017.. this period will count as cooling off period before i can reapply as main applicant..
when is the earliest i can start my application as tier 2 main applicant..

Thank you
Dhramveer

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Earliest application to apply after cooling off.

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:06 am

28 November 2018 and apply from home country. You must wait12 months from the date you got PBS dependent visa
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Imreev
Newly Registered
India

Post by Imreev » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Thank you CR001 for replying back..

OK, Can my employer initiate the process to generate COS earlier than that.. And can apply for tier 2 general pool in Oct/Nov batch.. I can go back to home country and have the visa appointment on date after than 29th Nov.
Or Do i be eligible to apply only in Dec batch?

For some reason if my partner's (main applicant) sponsorship is terminated, will i still be able to apply for the tier 2 general visa on my own after 28th Nov 2018. These days i have been in UK as Tier 2 dependent will be counted towards 12 months cooling off period. it has nothing to do with partner's visa status.

Imreev
Newly Registered
India

Post by Imreev » Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Hi,
My wife (who is on tier 2 general visa) has been let go from her job on 17th Sep.
I as her dependent is still serving cooling off period which would complete 21 Nov.

We are not sure If her employer has informed home office yet. We have not received and expecting a letter from home office. Her visa status on gov website is still active.
I read somewhere is a provision of some grace period of for her to find a new sponsor if her current sponsorship terminates.. Not sure, when that period starts..

Questions:
1) would grace period (is it 60 days) will start the date of her termination of job or from the date when we receive letter from home office?
2) How would We know until when we got the time to stay in this country legally without overstaying?

My current employer is willing to sponsor me Tier 2 general visa, but i have to wait for the cooling off period to finish. I know that i have to apply this application from home country.
Question:
can my employer apply for COS and send in panel discussion for visa allocation in the month of Nov, so that we can apply for visa in person from 28 Nov or later?
Or it can only be done in the month of December or later.

Thanks in advance.

Imreev
Newly Registered
India

Post by Imreev » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:59 am

Requesting some expert to please have a look at my question and reply.

I could not find any reasonable/authentic material on any gov website explaining this situation.
I still have not received letter from Home Office. I do not want to overstay at any cost to have a blocker on my future visa applications.