ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling back as a EEA (FM) - which entrance?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dialectic

Travelling back as a EEA (FM) - which entrance?

Post by dialectic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm

Hi to all the members of the forum

I recently changed my status to EEA (FM) - Non EEA national with EEA Spouse - .

I will have my first trip abroad soon. I might be wrong, but I believe read somewhere in the forums about non-EEA nationals travelling back to the UK with their EEA partne and getting into the country together through the EEA Nationals entrance/gate.

Is this the case or should I go through the non EEA gate and do the whole "landing card" thing every time I travel? I'm just asking for convenience sake to be honest

Thank you very much for your help :D :)

kamoe
European Union

Re: Travelling back as a EEA (FM) - which entrance?

Post by kamoe » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:57 pm

dialectic wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:55 pm
I believe read somewhere in the forums about non-EEA nationals travelling back to the UK with their EEA partner and getting into the country together through the EEA Nationals entrance/gate.
Depends on the airport.

At Heathrow they allow you in the EU family queue, which is the one with all the families with children who cannot go through the EU e-gate (so, answer for Heathrow is yes, but only the traditional EU queue, not the e-gate). You can do this even if you travel on your own.

At Brirmingham they will yell at you for attempting to "skip your queue" and try to join the EU queue, even if you travel with your EU family member, so just go to the Non-EU queue directly. Don''t bother telling them how they do things at Heathrow, they won't listen.

If your usual airport is none of these, just ask when you arrive which queue you should join, then double ask when you see the immigration officer at the till, for next time.
Is this the case or should I go through the non EEA gate and do the whole "landing card" thing every time I travel?
You do not have to fill in the landing card anymore. If they tell you to do it, insist. It is now your right not to do it, and they know it. They sometimes confuse residence card with BRPs, so just show the line in your residence card where it says "EEA family member". They will say "Right, you don't have to". I have had to do this a couple of times.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

dialectic

Re: Travelling back as a EEA (FM) - which entrance?

Post by dialectic » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Thank you very much :D