ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting back into Ireland.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jimmyendless
Newly Registered

Getting back into Ireland.

Post by jimmyendless » Mon May 19, 2008 1:05 pm

Hello,

I'm an Irish national and my partner is a Canadian. We have a 4 month old daughter born in Ireland. My partner arrived here on a work visa 2 yrs ago and has since come back into the country on a holiday visa. This visa expired and as she was pregnant we wrote to the Department of Justice about our situation but didn't receive any contact.

We were planning on taking our daughter to see her Canadian relatives this summer. Will my partner have trouble getting back into the country and if we get married in Canada, will this be enough to get her back into the country. Surely immigration cannot split up our family when two members of it are Irish nationals??

We hired a solicitor a few months ago but the Department of Justice seem to be stalling on making a decision.

Any information will be appreciated.
Last edited by jimmyendless on Mon May 19, 2008 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kay
Newly Registered

Post by Kay » Mon May 19, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi there

All I can suggest is that you ring the Dept of justice at 10am on Wednesday (when they are next open for queries) and ask them. if they say it is OK, be sure to get the name of the person you spoke to.

I really hope things work out.

Kay

TRV

Post by TRV » Sun May 25, 2008 10:01 am

I'm an Irish national and my partner is a Canadian. We have a 4 month old daughter born in Ireland. My partner arrived here on a work visa 2 yrs ago and has since come back into the country on a holiday visa. This visa expired and as she was pregnant we wrote to the Department of Justice about our situation but didn't receive any contact.

"Sounds familiar....."

We were planning on taking our daughter to see her Canadian relatives this summer. Will my partner have trouble getting back into the country and if we get married in Canada, will this be enough to get her back into the country. Surely immigration cannot split up our family when two members of it are Irish nationals??

"Can't they?" - I am glad to hear it mate...that too from Irish who knows their own country....

We hired a solicitor a few months ago but the Department of Justice seem to be stalling on making a decision.

"That is a dumbest thing to do in Ireland", hiring a lawyer to fight your case...it is a pity, but it is the fact...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat May 31, 2008 5:08 am

Congrats on the small Canadian/Irish child!

Have you considered marrying in Ireland?