ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

travel to Belgium with EEA national

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cdyz5
Pakistan

travel to Belgium with EEA national

Post by cdyz5 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am

Hi
i am a no-EU citizen settle in UK with having a Residence Card (Family Member EU Residence). i want to travel to Belgium from UK with my EU national partner (Lithuanian national). having with me my passport my partner passport and our marriage certificate to prove at checkpoint either in France or Belgium.

I rang Belgium Consulate in Manchester to clarify if i am able to travel with my EU partner but consulate not answering yes or no. they said I have to get connect with TLS CONNECT book appointment than i shall find out. but for this i have to travel Manchester. i live far from Manchester.

kindly some one please explain, s/he travel to Belgium with EU partner by road/by air with any hassle free journey.

Regards.

Alex0226
United Kingdom

Re: travel to Belgium with EEA national

Post by Alex0226 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:54 pm

I recently travelled with my wife and my kids to lithuania on holiday and there was no problem at any EU countries at all.
All what you need is your resident card clearly shows family member of a union citizen. Your marriage certificate and your valid passport.
Although, a border officer at Denmark port was asking for schengen visa on my passport but i told him i dont need a visa since i hv a resident card as a family member of EU citizen. He immidiately apologised, gave a smile and bid us save journey.

cdyz5
Pakistan

Re: travel to Belgium with EEA national

Post by cdyz5 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:47 pm

Thank you for the update. Appreciated