ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing SOC codes

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nateymac
Newly Registered

Changing SOC codes

Post by nateymac » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:47 pm

Hi there. My organisation is about to undergo a restructure which may see my current position made redundant but a new, more senior role (as a director) created for me. From what I can gather, this will mean changing SOC codes but can someone confirm that this is the case? If so, does my employer need to conduct market testing and I need to apply for the role and a new Tier 2 visa? Grateful for any advice offered. Thanks!

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Changing SOC codes

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:57 pm

whether new coS and visa required really depends on the role of your job promoted. Difficult to tell here. However, market test is not necessary as you are already in the UK with Tier 2, this is a promotion but not new recruitment.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

nateymac
Newly Registered

Re: Changing SOC codes

Post by nateymac » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:45 pm

@cyclina1, thanks for this. I am staying in the same field, public affairs, but would be moving to the director-level SOC.