ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding ILR from Tier 2 Absence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aryajasdev
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Regarding ILR from Tier 2 Absence

Post by aryajasdev » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 pm

Hi Friends

I came to the country in September 2010 on a student visa and joined a company for the part-time job. After completion of my master degree, I joined them full time and then continued on my PSW visa. 2013 company sponsored me for Tier 2 General. Now next month I am applying for my ILR.

I am confused about my absence letter as I went to India 3 times from the day I came to the UK, once when I was a student, the second time when I was on PSW visa and the third time after 1 year of Tier 2 General Visa. Should I fill my absence from only last 5 years of Tier 2 or all three in form and letter?

Regards
Parveen

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Regarding ILR from Tier 2 Absence

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:19 pm

aryajasdev wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi Friends

I came to the country in September 2010 on a student visa and joined a company for the part-time job. After completion of my master degree, I joined them full time and then continued on my PSW visa. 2013 company sponsored me for Tier 2 General. Now next month I am applying for my ILR.

I am confused about my absence letter as I went to India 3 times from the day I came to the UK, once when I was a student, the second time when I was on PSW visa and the third time after 1 year of Tier 2 General Visa. Should I fill my absence from only last 5 years of Tier 2 or all three in form and letter?

Regards
Parveen
You only need to fill in your absences during the 5 years of Tier 2.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.