ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Dependent - switching to TIER 1 possibility

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iwantILR
Newly Registered

HSMP Dependent - switching to TIER 1 possibility

Post by iwantILR » Mon May 19, 2008 10:54 pm

Hi all,
I'm a HSMP dependent (my wife being the primary holder) and wondering how do I switch into TIER 1? There is no mention anywhere of HSMP dependents as a category from which people can switch onto Tier 1.
We have been in UK for 2.5 yrs now.
or
Is there any other possible visa which will allow me to continue working in UK on my own?

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

hsmpinuk70
Member of Standing

Post by hsmpinuk70 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:19 pm

Don't understand why!! :cry: Sad to see people posting queries that have already been asked and answered multiple times .... and are even being discussed currently (like this one).

Anyhow, here's the link that will provide you with some answers:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=26551
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=167502

regards

iwantILR
Newly Registered

Post by iwantILR » Tue May 20, 2008 1:31 pm

Hi HSMPinUK70
Thanks for the links. What would have made it easier for all would have been - a proper subject line on Switching to Tier1 so that everyone reads the same. In my case, I wasnt aware until reading these links that dependents' switching is all the same irrespective of the their current category.
But thanks for this - may be the Administrator can add all these various topics and put them under 1 heading
Kind rgds#