ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - 10 Year (Long Residency) Set (LR) - Premium Service

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dreamsworld
Newly Registered

ILR - 10 Year (Long Residency) Set (LR) - Premium Service

Post by dreamsworld » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 am

Hello everyone,

I have completed my 10 years of legal stay in the United Kingdom on 1st September, 2018. I still have a 2 years of T1 Extension visa. I have couple of questions and I appreciate if someone could help me.

(a) I've applied for ILR (LR) route - Premium Service booked online and have paid £2999 via my bank debit card. My appointment is booked for next month 15th October. I have passed my Life in the UK test already. Do I have to download and print the application Set (LR) form? Or, is there any online application form which I have to fill and download & print?

(b) In the Set (LR) application itself, in the payment section, the fee to be paid is shown £2389. However, I was asked to pay £2999 which I have paid. In question (A1), it says "the applicant is making a SET (LR) application £2389 Standard" and then further down, it is asking me the payment method to be used to deduct £2389 fee. Nowhere in the payment section it has mentioned if I have already made the payment and what reference/transaction number is? Should I leave this section?

(c) In the Set (LR) application, Question No. (D13);

Please state what ties you have with:
• the country where you were born
• any country whose nationality you hold
• any country where you have lived for more than five years

I was born in Pakistan. The only nationality I hold is for Pakistan. I have lived 10 years in the UK and 25 years in Pakistan. To answer what ties I hold, what could be the best and meaningful answer (or appropriate).

(d) Then again, Question No. (E14);

Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with:
• any other country whose nationality you hold

Question No. D13 and Question No. E14 looks similar to me. Are these two asked in different context? Or, what I will answer in D13, can I answer exactly the same in E14?

(e) Do I have to provide any other 'means of confirmation' of my legal stay in the United Kingdom apart from my travel documents, BRP and UK Visa?

I hope these questions would be answered in details as they would help me and others a lot.

Thank you

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: ILR - 10 Year (Long Residency) Set (LR) - Premium Service

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:23 am

dreamsworld wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 am
Hello everyone,

I have completed my 10 years of legal stay in the United Kingdom on 1st September, 2018. I still have a 2 years of T1 Extension visa. I have couple of questions and I appreciate if someone could help me.

(a) I've applied for ILR (LR) route - Premium Service booked online and have paid £2999 via my bank debit card. My appointment is booked for next month 15th October. I have passed my Life in the UK test already. Do I have to download and print the application Set (LR) form? Or, is there any online application form which I have to fill and download & print?
since you have already made payment and booked your appointment, you will need to download the paper application form

(b) In the Set (LR) application itself, in the payment section, the fee to be paid is shown £2389. However, I was asked to pay £2999 which I have paid. In question (A1), it says "the applicant is making a SET (LR) application £2389 Standard" and then further down, it is asking me the payment method to be used to deduct £2389 fee. Nowhere in the payment section it has mentioned if I have already made the payment and what reference/transaction number is? Should I leave this section?

Dont worry about this, you have your appointment confirmation showing that you have paid
(c) In the Set (LR) application, Question No. (D13);

Please state what ties you have with:
• any country whose nationality you hold

I was born in Pakistan. The only nationality I hold is for Pakistan. I have lived 10 years in the UK and 25 years in Pakistan. To answer what ties I hold, what could be the best and meaningful answer (or appropriate).

simply say if you still have family members or relatives in Pakistan

(d) Then again, Question No. (E14);

Please state what social, cultural and family ties you have with:
• any other country whose nationality you hold

same as D13

Question No. D13 and Question No. E14 looks similar to me. Are these two asked in different context? Or, what I will answer in D13, can I answer exactly the same in E14?

yes, just provide the same answer

(e) Do I have to provide any other 'means of confirmation' of my legal stay in the United Kingdom apart from my travel documents, BRP and UK Visa?

I hope these questions would be answered in details as they would help me and others a lot.

Thank you
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

dreamsworld
Newly Registered

Post by dreamsworld » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:52 am

Thank you very much for your help. Very much appreciated.

dreamsworld
Newly Registered

Post by dreamsworld » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Hello.

Good evening.

Please can you help me with one more thing.

On the application form, in the Summary Sheet section, there are two columns to list down what supported documents are we providing. They are categorised as List A and List B. They have not specified what kind of documents fall under list B.

Can you please help me on this?

Thank you

dreamsworld
Newly Registered

Post by dreamsworld » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:04 pm

Hi.

Sorry for a quick come back.

I have one more question to ask please.

In question D4, they ask for;

"When does your current leave expire?"
My leave is expiring in 2019

Followed by D5;

"If your leave to enter/remain has expired, did this leave expire within 14 days of this application being made?

Yes -》Go to D6
No -》 Go to D7
"

What option should I choose in this?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 pm

"If your leave to enter/remain has expired, did this leave expire within 14 days of this application being made?

Yes -》Go to D6
No -》 Go to D7
"

What option should I choose in this?
Clearly NO if your leave has NOT expired yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.