ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel arrangement after application to British Citizen and Passport application with NDRS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sorento
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Travel arrangement after application to British Citizen and Passport application with NDRS

Post by sorento » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:06 am

Travel arrangement after application to British Citizen and Passport application

I have an enquiry on the travel arrangement after I submit my application to British Citizen and Passport with Nationality Document Return Service and hope you could give me some ideas.

1. UK absence after submission will not be counted, right?
2. Biometric information: If I choose the Nationality Document Return Service, will I get back my BRP card? Or I will receive a letter for biometric enrolment at the post office? As the ILR BRP already contains my biometric information, what is the need to enroll it again?
3. For the route of Nationality Document Return Service, the process is appointment of document check – submission with document return – biometric enrolment – interview request – result – citizenship ceremony. Is it correct? Do I need to book the NDRS document check first or on line application first?
4. Travel arrangement: For overseas travel arrangement after I submit my application with document return service, is there any concern or points I need to be aware off? E.g. after biometric enrolment, I travel overseas and return to UK with ILR BRP, anything I need to be aware of?
5. For interview request, usually how soon is it after application is submitted? Can people travel before receiving the interview request? Or need to wait?

Kind regards!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel arrangement after application to British Citizen and Passport application with NDRS

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am

1. Correct.

2. Yes you get your BRP back. Your biometric enrolment letter you can download when you apply online and enroll at the post office. The 'need' is to ensure you are the person who is applying for citizenship!!!

3. What 'interview request' are you referring to??? You can book first and then apply online or vice versa!!

4. No nothing.

5. What interview request??? There is no interview so not sure why you think there is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sorento
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Travel arrangement after application to British Citizen and Passport application with NDRS

Post by sorento » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am
1. Correct.

2. Yes you get your BRP back. Your biometric enrolment letter you can download when you apply online and enroll at the post office. The 'need' is to ensure you are the person who is applying for citizenship!!!

3. What 'interview request' are you referring to??? You can book first and then apply online or vice versa!!

4. No nothing.

5. What interview request??? There is no interview so not sure why you think there is.

3 &5. Inerview request --- - I heard some people were required to attend interview after they submitted their application for Natulisation, case by case. But it may not happend to everyone. It is not the council that takes copy of document.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:31 am

sorento wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:55 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:11 am
1. Correct.

4. No nothing.

3 &5. Inerview request --- - I heard some people were required to attend interview after they submitted their application for Natulisation, case by case. But it may not happend to everyone. It is not the council that takes copy of document.
Interviews for naturalisation are VERY rare. I have only seen 4 or 5 members on the forum post that they have been asked to an interview in the last 4 years.

What do you mean 'It is not the council that copy of document'??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.