ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family member

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rohwan007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by rohwan007 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:12 am

Hello everybody, I have a query regarding EEAFP.
I am 18 year old non EEA son of my portugese mother. For applying EEAFP, I made a birth certificate last month from the hospital where I was born in. In that certificate,my mother’s nationality is written as Nepalese as they use their records while issuing a birth certificate. Will this affect my EEAFP as my mother got Portugese citizenship and passport in 2016. If yes, what will I have to do now?
Please help as I have appointment in VFS next Thursday😕

rohwan007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by rohwan007 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:28 am

Hello everyone,
I recently applied for EEA family permit and it got refused for wrong reason :cry: In the refusal letter, it said I failed to provide evidence to prove my mother as an EEA national but in fact I had scanned a certified copy of my mother’s passport from VFS Nepal.Also VFS has confirmed that copy of my mother’s passport was successfully sacanned and sent to home office system. I also didn’t get any appeal rights. What can I do in this situation? Can anyone here suggest me? Also, I had contacted MP for this matter. Will this help me? Please help!

rohwan007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

EEA Family member

Post by rohwan007 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:19 pm

Hello,
Can Sub Postmaster certify copy of passport in the UK for visa purposes? Please can anyone tell me if they know about this matter.

secret.simon

Re: EEA Family member

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm

Your post had nothing in common with the thread that you posted in. Hence spinning it off into a separate thread. Please keep your queries & posts in this thread.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

rohwan007
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by rohwan007 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:00 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:00 pm
Your post had nothing in common with the thread that you posted in. Hence spinning it off into a separate thread. Please keep your queries & posts in this thread.
Hello Simon,
I recently applied for EEA family permit and it got refused for wrong reason :cry: In the refusal letter, it said I failed to provide evidence to prove my mother as an EEA national but in fact I had scanned a certified copy of my mother’s passport from VFS Nepal.Also VFS has confirmed that copy of my mother’s passport was successfully sacanned and sent to home office system. I also didn’t get any appeal rights. What can I do in this situation? Can anyone here suggest me?
Also I asked if postmaster can certify my mother’s portugese passport for EEA family permit.

darren1972uk
Ireland

Post by darren1972uk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:55 am

Hi there
This is so normal from the home office. I applied for an eea family visa for my mother in law. They too refused it saying we didn’t show evidence. They even questioned me and my wife being married which was crazy as my wife has been given a eea visa. It’s a game for the home office to try and make you give up. We got refused 4 times yet the excuses were blantant lies. We got our local mp involved and they still rejected it saying we didn’t send any evidence. Which we did, firstly when we applied with application form then using our local mp we sent again about 4 more times. Finally after the mp saw this the local mo wrote a letter and sent to the home office stating he has seen the evidence we had sent many times. Finally the visa got overturned so don’t give up trust me the home office will lie and try to refuse the visa. Just don’t give up and us your mo it took about 14 months all together. I didn’t use any lawyers and I didn’t appeal through the courts. Using the mp seemed to keep the original application open.
I just kept going through prayer and using my local mp.
It’s shocking that the home office will try anything to reject people getting an eea visa!!!.