ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa 5 year route- What is required and what to do.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa 5 year route- What is required and what to do.

Post by Gunner786 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi.
My wife has gotten her spouse visa 2 weeks ago and will be coming to the uk soon.

I have no idea what is required for the 5 year route and what to do from now on.
I have been reading about tue B1 test and also the life in the uk test.

I have a few questions now so i am fully ready for the 2.5 year extension and the 5 year ilr.

1. Can both partners show combined £18600 or is it the same as the initial visa where only the sponsors income is used and not the applicants.

2. The life in the UK test is it required at 2.5 years or 5 years? Can it be taken now and then used after 2.5/5 years because it is easier to get it out of the way asap.

3. The B1 english test same question as 2.

Any other advice and suggestions will be very much welcome cos it took me 3 years and 2 applications to get the initial visa because i wasnt ready in time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa 5 year route- What is required and what to do.

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm

1. Combined income is fine.

2. LIUK is for ILR and not the visa extension after 2.5 years. She can do the test at any time, it doesn't expire.

3. For extension she needs A2 or B1 is also acceptable. For ILR it is B1.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:47 pm

Gunner786 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:21 pm
Hi.
My wife has gotten her spouse visa 2 weeks ago and will be coming to the uk soon.

I have no idea what is required for the 5 year route and what to do from now on.
I have been reading about tue B1 test and also the life in the uk test.

I have a few questions now so i am fully ready for the 2.5 year extension and the 5 year ilr.

1. Can both partners show combined £18600 or is it the same as the initial visa where only the sponsors income is used and not the applicants. Joint income

2. The life in the UK test is it required at 2.5 years or 5 years? Can it be taken now and then used after 2.5/5 years because it is easier to get it out of the way asap. A2 level English for FLR(M) application after the 2.5 year period of limited leave. Life in the UK test for ILR + B1 level English. The Life in the UK test can be taken whenever your wife feels confident, it has no expiry date.

3. The B1 english test same question as 2. See above.

Any other advice and suggestions will be very much welcome cos it took me 3 years and 2 applications to get the initial visa because i wasnt ready in time.
Ensure you add your wife's name to utility and bank accounts, tenancy agreement, council tax etc., and keep documents/correspondence throughout the qualifying period as you will need to submit 6 pieces of cohabitation proof in joint names (or 6 each in single names).
A suggestion would be 1 example every 4-5 months. These must be from at least 3 different sources.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Gunner786
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Gunner786 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:57 pm

Thanks guys.