ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acedamic reference?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rex

Acedamic reference?

Post by Rex » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:12 pm

Do i need to submit an acedamic reference letter with my HSMP application, e.g. from my Teacher etc??? Please help?

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:50 pm

That depends on what you're claiming points for and what other evidence you have to support the points. Can you give us a bit more information?

JhonnyECU

interesting links

Post by JhonnyECU » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:08 pm

hi rex,

i have been breathing out of this forum for the last 2 weeks. i discovered it the day i received my refusal, so consider yourself lucky for many reasons:

1. you will get the BEST advice on this forum in the way of a direct reply (which doesnt happen as often as we would like to) or indirectly help (hundreds of posts already here, just waiting for you to click and read them)!

2. processing times are extremely quick these days.

3. it will cost 315 pounds as from april but no one can gain without investing something, right?

4. i could help with along with all the members here, to get your application strong enough to be sent to the uk.

hope those are motivating words for you!

by the way, use the search tool here, you would be amazed of how many EXACT info you can get on almost EVERY aspect of the hsmp...the only one that no one really understand is that misterious june-oct 04 applications which are taking FREAKING ages, mate!

i was suggested by great people here to write down EVERY single piece of evidence you can think of, and then organize a plan to sell your points!!!

it has worked like a charm!

use your imagination, there is no LIMIT of the amount of evidence you can provide...the more the better!!

let me know MORE info about your case anyhow, ok?

jhonny
:)

Rex

Post by Rex » Sat Mar 12, 2005 7:11 pm

Hi

Thanks for suggestions. My details are :

I have to claim points for my education, so do I need to give acedamic reference?

I claiming

5 age
25 earning
15 degree
35 experience
10 spouse

Now my expereice is starting from Jan 2001 and degree was completed in June 2002...
Please also guide , should I claim 3 - years or 4 years?

and ofcourse about acedamic reference, i am applying on 15 march
(Inshallah)

deborahCO

Post by deborahCO » Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:19 am

Rex wrote:do I need to give acedamic reference?
You need to either provide your original degree or a notarized copy and a second form of evidence for your academic reference. I sent a certified letter from my school giving my dates of enrollment and degrees awarded along with a notarized copy of my degree (didn't want to send the original).

Ali_Sch

Post by Ali_Sch » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:26 pm

deborahCO wrote:
Rex wrote:do I need to give acedamic reference?
You need to either provide your original degree or a notarized copy and a second form of evidence for your academic reference. I sent a certified letter from my school giving my dates of enrollment and degrees awarded along with a notarized copy of my degree (didn't want to send the original).

I also did the same, obtained a letter from ACCA stating I m a member & submit with notarized copy of my certificate. They accepted it