ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MS90 Traffic conviction and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vaisakhamol
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

MS90 Traffic conviction and ILR

Post by vaisakhamol » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello,

I am currently on a Tier-2 General VISA in the UK. My VISA is due for extension in August 2019 and I am eligible for applying for an ILR by March 2020. On January 20th 2018 , I was unfortunately convicted for a motoring offence (MS90 - Failure to provide driver details for a minor speeding offence - 6 points + fine ). As per the current rules one cannot have an unspent criminal conviction in the last 12 months for an extension and in last 24 months for an ILR. I have the following questions, which I would deeply appreciate if someone could shed sone light on.

1) Since My conviction (though unspent) will be older than 12 months at the time of an extension and older than 24 months at the time of an ILR application, will it impact my application?
2) I was told that MS90 is a non recordable criminal offence, does it mean that It won't show up in my criminal record which the CW will probably do.

I look forward to the reponses

Thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: MS90 Traffic conviction and ILR

Post by cyclina1 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:16 pm

vaisakhamol wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:42 pm
Hello,

I am currently on a Tier-2 General VISA in the UK. My VISA is due for extension in August 2019 and I am eligible for applying for an ILR by March 2020. On January 20th 2018 , I was unfortunately convicted for a motoring offence (MS90 - Failure to provide driver details for a minor speeding offence - 6 points + fine ). As per the current rules one cannot have an unspent criminal conviction in the last 12 months for an extension and in last 24 months for an ILR. I have the following questions, which I would deeply appreciate if someone could shed sone light on.

1) Since My conviction (though unspent) will be older than 12 months at the time of an extension and older than 24 months at the time of an ILR application, will it impact my application? no, they won't affect both applications

2) I was told that MS90 is a non recordable criminal offence, does it mean that It won't show up in my criminal record which the CW will probably do. You can declare in cover letter, if you are not sure this is in criminal record.

I look forward to the reponses

Thanks.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.