ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what happens at the airport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

charlearose
Newly Registered

what happens at the airport

Post by charlearose » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:21 pm

hi if any one can anwser these question eternally gratefull for any replies

if someone leaves the uk and they are an illegal immigrant but leaves voluntary ect do they do biometric tests ect to stop them re entering on fake documents ect or new passports

what happens at airport when someone leaves without documets ie passport ie leaving airport in the uk and at the final destination airport are they questioned interviewed ect

if you are an overstayer but go home and get a new legal passport becuase old one expires will it show up that the person has been an overstayer in the uk

if anyone can anwser any of these it would be much appreciated

transpondia

Post by transpondia » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:42 pm

Showing up for an international flight without a passport will simply negate your opportunity to leave on that flight. Or any other international flight. You'll need a travel document.

The tactic of "losing" your passport and making an application with a new one without disclosing your immigration history gets you the 10 year to lifetime ban once the computers link up the passports.

Getting caught at an exit control will result in an IS151A or IS151B. They collect bio info when they serve an IS151B.

charlearose
Newly Registered

Post by charlearose » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm

many thanks for your anwser im am new to this forum can you tell me what is IS151B. my friend passport has expired and they no longer have it they have overstayed by 3 years

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:14 pm

if someone leaves the uk and they are an illegal immigrant but leaves voluntary ect do they do biometric tests ect to stop them re entering on fake documents ect or new passports
Check in desk won't issue a boarding pass with out seeing a passport in the first place. I suggest to contact your embassy for an emergency exit passport or a travel document of some sort to travel to there country.
what happens at airport when someone leaves without documets ie passport ie leaving airport in the uk and at the final destination airport are they questioned interviewed ect
The above answer applies to this question partly and on the other end, if you travel with an exit document issued by your embassy, You will probably scrutnised by your countries immigration officer or may simply let you off if you are lucky.
if you are an overstayer but go home and get a new legal passport becuase old one expires will it show up that the person has been an overstayer in the uk
If he or she had received a biometric visa before then yes 100% it will show up all previous information held in BHC. If biometric information is taken at the airport and issued with IS151B then it is very unlikely that the person applying will get another visa, depends on the type of visa and eligibility.

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm

charlearose
Newly Registered

Post by charlearose » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:29 pm

many thanks for your replies i read the link for the IS151B my friend is not seeking aslyum he came here as a student and had no intention of going back at the time so would this form is151b apply to him when he leaves
sorry if i reapeting a question as it dose not seem clear as it appears to be applicable to asylum seekers and not illegal immigrants
many thanks

eliasuk4u
Member of Standing

Post by eliasuk4u » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:44 pm

Sunshine82
Newly Registered

Post by Sunshine82 » Tue May 20, 2008 10:29 am

Hi
a friend of mine was in this situation aswell.
Expiered Passport: Go to the embassy of your homecountry and apply for an emergency passport, you will need to get a police report, that you have lost your old passport, but that' was not a problem.
Once you have your emergency passport, you must travell in the next week I belive. At the airport, they don't check, if you had a Visa, as you are leaving the country. They only check if there is the same Name in passport and ticket. And you homecountry will let you in without problems.

hello_kitty

Post by hello_kitty » Tue May 20, 2008 11:23 pm

yes thats right. U just need to go to the home country embassy to issue temporary passport. They will do it after clarify that person its their citizen. Probably u need to wait while they do that for u. Erm..previously my friend paid a little fee for the officer. This is under table. Hopefully u dont need to pay too much.