ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving from Ireland to UK again

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

askforanjali99
Newly Registered

Moving from Ireland to UK again

Post by askforanjali99 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm

Hello all,

Can someone please guide me for below queries?

I am British national and my wife is an Indian national. My wife came from India to UK in May 2015 on Spouse visa (visa was issued for 2.5 years).

I have worked in the UK for 8 years and wife 2 years.

In November 2016 we have moved from UK to Republic of Ireland to join new job. My baby was born in Ireland in April 2017. In Ireland my wife has Stamp 4EUFam visa (valid for 5 years).

Now we want to come back to UK (to join new job). So my queries are:

I think on Stamp 4 EUFam she can travel with me to UK (without visa)? Or I need to apply tourist visa for her?

Which category visa I need to apply for my wife? I need to apply form Ireland or UK?

What kind of supporting documents I need to submit?

How long it will take to process visa?

Many thanks

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Moving from Ireland to UK again

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:07 am

More likely she will need uk spouse visa and I think you maybe able to easily meet the financial requirement if having been earning in Ireland equivalent of £18600 per year & your new job starting within 3 months of arriving to UK with the annual wages of £18600. Apart of that other requirements such as English proficiency & accomodation should also be fulfilled.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:07 am
More likely she will need uk spouse visa and I think you maybe able to easily meet the financial requirement if having been earning in Ireland equivalent of £18600 per year & your new job starting within 3 months of arriving to UK with the annual wages of £18600. Apart of that other requirements such as English proficiency & accomodation should also be fulfilled.

She needs to apply for the same type of spouse visa she previously held while resident in the UK. This cannot be applied for from within the UK, but she can apply for it in Ireland as she holds legal residence there (a residence permit/ visa for Ireland).

I agree with the above post from seagul.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm

I suspect you might be asking about the Surinder Singh route back to the UK under the EEA rules and not the UK Immigration rules.

If you can prove you moved the centre of your life to Ireland and have exercised treaty rights there, she could apply for an EEA Family permit to return to the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:21 pm
I suspect you might be asking about the Surinder Singh route back to the UK under the EEA rules and not the UK Immigration rules.

If you can prove you moved the centre of your life to Ireland and have exercised treaty rights there, she could apply for an EEA Family permit to return to the UK.

But with Brexit, is that the best idea?? Perhaps some risk involved as it still hasn't been said what will happen to people who used Surinder after March 2019 - but I could have easily missed that memo??

askforanjali99
Newly Registered

Post by askforanjali99 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
To be honest I don't know anything about Surinder Singh route etc.
When wife applied for Irish visa she has submitted a letter that we will EU treaty rights while living in the Ireland.
Are you talking about this?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:34 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

askforanjali99
Newly Registered

Post by askforanjali99 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm

Hi,

I am currently working in Ireland and my family (wife and 17 month old baby) also living with me here.

To apply UK spouse visa do I need to leave Ireland (or I have to be physically in UK) and after that I will be able to call my family to UK.

Many thanks

physicskate wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am
seagul wrote:

She needs to apply for the same type of spouse visa she previously held while resident in the UK. This cannot be applied for from within the UK, but she can apply for it in Ireland as she holds legal residence there (a residence permit/ visa for Ireland).

I agree with the above post from seagul.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:00 pm

askforanjali99 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:42 pm
Hi,

I am currently working in Ireland and my family (wife and 17 month old baby) also living with me here.

To apply UK spouse visa do I need to leave Ireland (or I have to be physically in UK) and after that I will be able to call my family to UK.

Many thanks

physicskate wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:30 am
seagul wrote:

You were literally given the answer to these questions before... In fact you even quoted them!! This, of course, assumes you are going down the UK instead of EU route.