ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for Correction of Naturalisation Certificate and british passport receipt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

OneMan
Newly Registered

Timeline for Correction of Naturalisation Certificate and british passport receipt

Post by OneMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello Everyone,

Would really appreciate if somebody could share their timeline for correction of naturalisation certificate and receipt of UK passport (if applied through JCAP)

Moderators, I searched the forum for similar recent threads, but couldn't find any. Hence started new thread. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

My timeline is:
Attended Ceremony: 19/09/2018
Sent the certificate of naturalisation to home office (via post): 20/09/2018

Also, would like to know the general timeframe for this process. Found 3 to 6 weeks on very old threads, but not sure if it is still applicable.

Thank you in advance for your input.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timeline for Correction of Naturalisation Certificate and british passport receipt

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:49 pm

What was the error on the certificate??

It can take a couple of week to a couple of months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

OneMan
Newly Registered

Re: Timeline for Correction of Naturalisation Certificate and british passport receipt

Post by OneMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm

First, many thanks CR001 for your quick reply and approval of post. I appreciate it.

The error was in 'Place of Birth' on the certificate and from home office side. (Had correct place mentioned on AN form)

OneMan
Newly Registered

Post by OneMan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:05 am

OneMan wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:35 pm
Hello Everyone,

Would really appreciate if somebody could share their timeline for correction of naturalisation certificate and receipt of UK passport (if applied through JCAP)

Moderators, I searched the forum for similar recent threads, but couldn't find any. Hence started new thread. Please correct me if I am mistaken.

My timeline is:
Attended Ceremony: 19/09/2018
Sent the certificate of naturalisation to home office (via post): 20/09/2018
Received a call from Home Office: 26/09/2018
Saying my passport and certificate have the same data, so there is no requirement to amend the certificate as requested by me.
Received my passport: 27/09/2018
Received naturalisation Certificate back: 06/10/2018 along with home office letter confirming the conversation on the telephone.

Also, would like to know the general timeframe for this process. Found 3 to 6 weeks on very old threads, but not sure if it is still applicable.

Thank you in advance for your input.
Just an Update if someone is in the same situation, may find this helpful.