ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

European family member PR application - but Residence Permit not stuck on the passport - is it ok to keep and travel ?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Gara82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

European family member PR application - but Residence Permit not stuck on the passport - is it ok to keep and travel ?

Post by Gara82 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:20 pm

Dear all,

I am looking to clarify what are my possibilities to keep my passport and my current residence permit while I am applying for the Permanent Residence in UK (I have more than 5 years living here)

I am already aware that me and my Spanish spouse can use the passport return service together (we are applying online), so I know I can keep my passport with me. However, as I am the non-EEA national, I also hold a residence permit which for some reason I received as a lose paper, not stuck in my passport.This is the document that I have used so far to re-enter to the UK when I traveled

So the questions are:

A - Is it ok to keep the original of my valid residence permit with me i.e. not sending it within my application? I would submit a full colour copy and in the form I make reference to the previous immigration case number, which is printed in this residence card.
B - And if yes, will I jeopardize my PR application process if I travel while the PR application is in progress ?

Many thanks

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Re: European family member PR application - but Residence Permit not stuck on the passport - is it ok to keep and travel

Post by obormot » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:17 pm

My reading of the rules says that it is much safer to send the original, not a copy. So I decided to send the original. We have the same case of EEA2 on a separate sheet of paper for a non-EU family member, and we submitted an applicaton online about 2 weeks ago and already did byomwetrics. I am planning now to ask for return of this document about.

Gara82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Re: European family member PR application - but Residence Permit not stuck on the passport - is it ok to keep and travel

Post by Gara82 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Thanks obormot!
what about travelling? once you get it back will it be ok to go on holidays and come back while the application is still in process?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:26 pm

There might be a problem with traveling (and this applies even if your Residence is in your passport):
If HO refuses your application while you are abroad, Border authorities can get inormed about it, and then you will have problems when coming back. So I would not travel unless it is really important, and if traveling would take all documents showing you are entitled to be in UK as EEA family member (say - at least copies of you marriage cetificate, husband's EU pasport, and his latest payslips to show he works in UK)

Gara82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by Gara82 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:38 pm

hi all

one more question

What does it mean to receive the fingerprints appointment? Does it mean the application is approved? Or it can still be rejected after taking the biometrics?

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:34 pm

It means nothing in terms of decision, it is part of standard process. Every non-EU person has to do biometrics. They will only start looking at yor application after they receive your fingerprints/photo/signature.

Gara82
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by Gara82 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:12 pm

Hi all,

For those who may be interested please check out the way my process finalised – quite surprisingly it took less than a month since the paperwork was sent.

• Husband of a European citizen
• Application was done online and jointly
• We had a legal representative to help with evidence
• We were not living together at the moment of application
• Application online submitted on 26/09/2018
• Passport return service appointment 03/10/2018 - I did not send my passport, nor my Immigration Status Document
• Biometrics invitation received on 15/10/2018
• Biometrics submitted 16/10/2018
Residence Card received 31/10/2018