ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Update in the tracking system

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Never got the passport back

Post by mangaworms » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:49 am

I have been told by UKVI that a decision has been made on my application on the 10th of August.

Since then I haven't received my passport back yet. What could be the reason for such a delay? Really? Lack of visa sticks? Loosing my application? Placing my application at the end of anyone else and never see it again?

What can I do? VAC is the poorest part of this story, as they keep saying that consulate has not sent passport back yet. Consulate looks like a completely closed and sealed place you're never ever gonna have a chance to even enter it. You will never have a chance to pass security, and they keep repeating the same frustrating answer like an answering machine: "UKVI email and phone... " The one we all hate... This story is running my life, seriously.

Any possibility to convince people at VAC to make a call to the Consulate? Is it doable you think? Do they have at least this amount of authority?

p.s. I think "escalation" is just a big lie to play with applicants and buy some time, as I'm in my second escalation.

psp84
Newly Registered
India

Re: Never got the passport back

Post by psp84 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 am

Because I was in the same state as you are until yesterday, I can totally understand what you are going through. I had pull all my connections to find someone within the embassy to review my case. I am sure that like mine, your file is also stuck somewhere due to a human error. Since your brp is already available, this is certainly the case. VFC can do very little here since they are nothing more than glorified courier service providers. Do try to see if there's anyone within the embassy you can connect with. Or if the embassy or ambassador has a twitter handle it something, post the details there. Unless you make the right person look at it, this could take a long time. If you were previously in uk or if you have your family there, you could also ask the local MP to recommend your case. They have direct home office lines. I really hope things get sorted out for you at the earliest.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mangaworms » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:02 am

Thanks alot. Right now that there is no hope, your answer was like a light, or some cold calming water on my anger fire.

I tried to call the local number of the consulate. Someone answered and did her "answering machine" task at the best, just referring me to the UKVI email and phone number.

Sent a direct tweet to the consolidate but nothing back. I'm going to also see if I can say something through the consulate page too.

The only one I have in the UK is my University where I'm going to work at. After a long discussion they agreed to send something on my behalf to the home office, since they were telling me that they don't have a direct way to contact the home office. This seemed a bit odd to me as the recruiter who has asked for CoS cannot make an inquiry about the one who they hire through the home office! I'm waiting for its result.

I really don't know how to find someone inside the consulate. Hope the home office can call them at least.

Thanks again for you wishes. I'm happy you finally got released from such a pain. Keep all your fingers crossed for me.
psp84 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 am
Because I was in the same state as you are until yesterday, I can totally understand what you are going through. I had pull all my connections to find someone within the embassy to review my case. I am sure that like mine, your file is also stuck somewhere due to a human error. Since your brp is already available, this is certainly the case. VFC can do very little here since they are nothing more than glorified courier service providers. Do try to see if there's anyone within the embassy you can connect with. Or if the embassy or ambassador has a twitter handle it something, post the details there. Unless you make the right person look at it, this could take a long time. If you were previously in uk or if you have your family there, you could also ask the local MP to recommend your case. They have direct home office lines. I really hope things get sorted out for you at the earliest.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mangaworms » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:06 am

Btw, how did you find out that you file got stuck somewhere due to a human error? Did they tell you anything?
psp84 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:34 am
Because I was in the same state as you are until yesterday, I can totally understand what you are going through. I had pull all my connections to find someone within the embassy to review my case. I am sure that like mine, your file is also stuck somewhere due to a human error. Since your brp is already available, this is certainly the case. VFC can do very little here since they are nothing more than

glorified courier service providers. Do try to see if there's anyone within the embassy you can connect with. Or if the embassy or ambassador has a twitter handle it something, post the details there. Unless you make the right person look at it, this could take a long time. If you were previously in uk or if you have your family there, you could also ask the local MP to recommend your case. They have direct home office lines. I really hope things get sorted out for you at the earliest.

psp84
Newly Registered
India

Post by psp84 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:59 am

I got it through the contact who helped me. Which university is it? I also had contact my university HR to help me. She said it easier to help students, but not staff. Also said that if I can give her a contact number or person, they can call and persuade. I was also surprised that the sponsor could not make such a request directly to the home office.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Update in the tracking system

Post by mangaworms » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Hi all! After such a long delay in passport pick up I checked the VAC online tracking system and I noticed a change. the "decision made" stage was marked. It was not marked before, however that a decision had been made on the 10th of August.

Is it a good sign? Do you think after this checked mark the passport is going to be dispatched soon?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Update in the tracking system

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:25 pm

mangaworms wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:20 pm
Hi all! After such a long delay in passport pick up I checked the VAC online tracking system and I noticed a change. the "decision made" stage was marked. It was not marked before, however that a decision had been made on the 10th of August.

Is it a good sign? Do you think after this checked mark the passport is going to be dispatched soon?
Have you considered the possibility that a decision was NOT actually made on the 10th August and the call centre got it wrong, which they often do?? The call centre is outsourced to a third party as far as we are aware.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mangaworms
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Update in the tracking system

Post by mangaworms » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:46 pm

I did actually, because I was also sceptical about it. But since they confirmed that a decision was made on the 10th of August more than one time, and I also received this confirmation later from Sheffield's email address, I think that was the case and the decision was made long ago. I think it's people at the local consulate who update the online tracking system. I'm not sure but I think people who saw it ticked off received their passport shortly after. Correct me if I'm wrong.
CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:25 pm
mangaworms wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:20 pm

Have you considered the possibility that a decision was NOT actually made on the 10th August and the call centre got it wrong, which they often do?? The call centre is outsourced to a third party as far as we are aware.