ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa - Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vicky1234567
Newly Registered

Post by vicky1234567 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:19 pm

He only got the visa for one month. We were hoping it would be for longer.

We provided all the holiday booking/flight information and insurance, but the lady rudely said we didn't need to provide all of that!

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Tue May 20, 2008 4:41 pm

vicky1234567 wrote:We provided all the holiday booking/flight information and insurance, but the lady rudely said we didn't need to provide all of that!
Must be different for each embassy. The french are a stickler for travel insurance. They won't give one day more than the insurance contracted.

bani

Post by bani » Tue May 20, 2008 6:29 pm

paulp wrote:
vicky1234567 wrote:We provided all the holiday booking/flight information and insurance, but the lady rudely said we didn't need to provide all of that!
Must be different for each embassy. The french are a stickler for travel insurance. They won't give one day more than the insurance contracted.
They (French embassy) gave me a 1 year business visa past my travel insurance date. But I had to sign a specific form that said I would renew my travel insurance when it expired. I guess it is different for tourist visas.

Marie B

Post by Marie B » Thu May 22, 2008 10:14 pm

bani wrote:
vicky1234567 wrote:My hubby got his schengen visa for 1 month to go to Spain. Would we be able to go to France for the day with this visa?

I must say the Spanish Embassy was a nightmare and the staff were very rude. They kept him waiting for 2 hours in the corridor to collect the visa!! He felt that they could not find his passport!!
Yes, you can use the same visa to go to France. I'm surprised they only gave you 1 month. I hope your husband gets a visa for a longer duration next time. Have a good holiday!
I'm not surprised they didn't give you longer than a month, my husband is also Albanian and has had schengan visas from the Greek, German and French Embassies in London, the most they have ever given him was 3 months multiple for Germany. It's so annoying, we had asked for longer as we were going for a weekend to visit one of my friends in September, having a holiday in Spain in October and then going for a wedding in Germany in December. We ended up not going to the wedding (my friend's) as his visa ran out just before - and we had given them all the dates.

He got a six week two entry visa for Greece and a 2 month multiple entry visa for France. I have friends who are in the UK on work permits and they manage to get 12month multi entry every time, my husband who is an EU spouse has a nightmare. The embassy staff are worst at the Greek embassy - try to avoid it at all costs (especially if Albanian - they initially ignored my husband's schengan application and offered instead to 'send him back home' for free!)