ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 after joining Co

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vincentforums
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 after joining Co

Post by vincentforums » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:38 pm

I am currently on a Tier 2 Dependant valid up to Jan 2019.

I have interviewed and received an offer and they have agreed to file for my Tier 2.

They have asked me to join immediately since I do have a valid Tier 2 dependent.

After joining they would initiate a Tier 2 after rmlt etc.

I am told that this is completely legal and it seems so but worried if this would increase chances of rejection as the company would have already employed me by then.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 after joining Co

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:41 pm

Well they would need to prove you were not 'pre-selected' for the job and that no settled, British or EU citizen was available etc, usually slightly tricky if RLMT is done so soon after you have already started working there.

You also have to apply for Tier 2 General from your home country after RLMT and RCoS is approved.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vincentforums
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 after joining Co

Post by vincentforums » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:44 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:41 pm
Well they would need to prove you were not 'pre-selected' for the job and that no settled, British or EU citizen was available etc, usually slightly tricky if RLMT is done so soon after you have already started working there.

You also have to apply for Tier 2 General from your home country after RLMT and RCoS is approved.
I agree, thinking if it would be safer for them to perform RMLT and join later if I am selected.