ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dart - Warning Letter - ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Dart - Warning Letter - ILR

Post by ahasnaini » Thu May 24, 2018 1:23 pm

I plan on applying for ILR in october, I received a warning letter for a dart charge in the last year
sample letter here
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/09/ ... 597865.jpg

After I received it
Payment was made immediately, no fine was imposed.
Note:
After the crossing, I went online created an account for Dart Charge added my card and car details to pay, but it showed no outstanding payments. When I received this letter I called and was informed previous crossings before the account was created can't be seen, which was the reason I missed the payment.

Question is, should this go on the application under Convictions and other penalties as a warning ?
Does this impact ILR application, I am planning on applying via PEO (premium) route.

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Dart - Warning Letter - ILR

Post by dontringthebell » Thu May 24, 2018 3:45 pm

It would not have any impact and would not be considered a penalty or a conviction.

Though you must declare the same in a cover letter with the warning letter and explain what you did with it.

Happy days!
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI

UA2015
United Kingdom

Post by UA2015 » Tue May 29, 2018 12:37 pm

You do not need to do anything. This penalty is different from what you see on application form. So just ignore it. Relax and get ready for your application. All the best.

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ahasnaini » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:29 pm

I received a payment reminder for council tax as well once in the last 5 years.
I plan on writing the following in the cover letter

During my stay in the UK I have received two notices which I want to declare.

Warning letter for Dart Charge
After using the Dartford crossing, I went online created an account for Dart Charge added my card and car details to pay and enabled automatic payments, but it showed no outstanding payments. When I received a warning letter, I called and was informed previous crossings before the account was created can't be seen, which was the reason I missed the payment. After I received the warning, payment was made immediately, no fine was imposed.

Council Tax Reminder Notice
I received a reminder notice for council tax, due to a missed payment. Entire balance was paid upon receipt of the notice, no fine was imposed.

Any advice ? is this sufficient ?

PeterLove2008

Post by PeterLove2008 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:09 am

In my opinion, either of the Dart charge or Council tax reminder is relating to immigration status. No worries. Having said that, it is advised to clear these as soon as possible, as these are government charge.

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ahasnaini » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:15 am

These were cleared as soon as I received the letter. Questions is, is it OK to add the below text to the cover letter to clarify & declare ?

ahasnaini
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by ahasnaini » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:15 am

I am applying next week.

I am thinking of adding the following in the cover letter
During my stay in the UK I have received two notices which I want to declare.

Warning letter for Dart Charge -1
After using the Dartford crossing, I went online created an account for Dart Charge added my card and car details to pay and enabled automatic payments, but it showed no outstanding payments. When I received a warning letter, I called and was informed previous crossings before the account was created can't be seen, which was the reason I missed the payment. After I received the warning, payment was made immediately, no fine was imposed.

Council Tax Reminder Notice -1
I received a reminder notice for council tax, due to a missed payment. Since that time Direct Debt has been setup to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Is this needed ? I would rather no add it if not needed. But don't want to risk deception or something like that