ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Substitute for Work-Ex letter ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr_pankaj

Substitute for Work-Ex letter ?

Post by mr_pankaj » Fri Apr 16, 2004 8:03 pm

hi all,
I am very new to this forum.

I am presently on WP and want to apply for HSMP(so as to become independent and explore more possibilities).

I understand one of the required document for a strong HSMP application is an experience/reference letter from the past/current employer.

Does it mean : I would have to tell my current employer about my HSMP application? {else how else can I get a work-experience letter?}

Please suggest as the employer would have no reason for issuing a reference letter unless for a good reason.

confused pan :?

anupvijay

Post by anupvijay » Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:34 am

Sorry pankaj, I dont have the answer to that but I am also in such a
situation.

I am currently working with a company and do not wish to tell them that
I am applying for HSMP.
I have appointment letters and pay slips till the current month to show
which position I am holding in my current company and I am still working
there.

Are these enough proofs ? Or a reference letter from current employer
is must ?

Thanks.

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Sat Apr 17, 2004 4:51 pm

I will join you guys in this question ..my boss declined my request about ref. letter .. nevertheless I have payslips and another "personal" reference from the customer, for whom I am currently working.

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:16 pm

hi,

axer - Thats an interesting point you mentioned.

Apart from having the monthly salary statements and P60 for last
3 years (I am in UK, on a WP for last 3 years and dont have any patience for one more year, for the ILR), I do have 2/3 appreciation emails from the customer (aparently, these were also sent to my employer) .... but I am worried about the likely 'no' for a reference letter from my employer .... :(

Question 1 : Is there anything else that can take a substitute to that ?

Question 2 : I am from a non-English speaking country. However, I did studied English as a subject in my degree. Do I still need any form of evidence, other than my marksheets/degree-certificate (which do mention abt my 'English' subject grades) to prove my English abilities.

Moderators/Experts - thougts please ?

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:47 pm

mr_pankaj

Did you mean "private" reference as interesting point?

I don’t think so, unfortunately, HO clearly indicated in leaflet that such kind of references won’t be accepted as proof.

And another point which could be the solution - will HO accept reference letter addressed to another authority, e.g. Canadian immigration body?

It worried me that nobody gave a reply on these kinds of questions - about proof of English without certificate and proof of work exp. without reference letter. Although they were asked numerously ... probably they are some kind of "taboo" questions on this forum.

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:34 pm

It worried me that nobody gave a reply on these kinds of questions - about proof of English without certificate and proof of work exp. without reference letter. Although they were asked numerously ... probably they are some kind of "taboo" questions on this forum.
Horsefeathers - these questions have been answered repeatedly on the forum...perhaps if you made as much effort in looking for the answers by doing some legwork as you have asking them you would know. Try the search engine for a start.

axer
Newly Registered

Post by axer » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:00 am

Kayalami

Sorry if you have noticed any discontent in my message, it was just general effect.

In fact, it was the first thing I did on this forum, today I repeated my search requests in different angles and found only those unanswered posts.