ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Typing error

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bholo

Typing error

Post by bholo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:56 am

Just submitted my naturalisation application.
Read 10 times but unfortunately made a typo error.
I listed all my leaves correctly but in total number of days instead of 98 i mistakenly wrote 78
I was thinking to cancel the whole app but now thinking that i have ndrs appointment on Monday.
I can simply add a cover note taking a print out of all leaves and saying that by mistake i counted them wrong that its 98 and not 78.
What do you suggest?

monza

Re: Typing error

Post by monza » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:02 am

Is it paper based or online?

bholo

Post by bholo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:04 am

i wont get money back if i cancel

trilobite1981
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by trilobite1981 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:10 am

I dont think that there is a place to enter how many days you have been out of the country. It calculates by the online application system according to the dates you have entered where you were away from the UK. I submitted my application on 25th and I did not enter the days by myself but the printed application is showing the correct number of days.

bholo

Post by bholo » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:10 pm

Thanks,

I have worked out the error. I have entered correct countries and correct dates.

The error which I have made is in the way we calculate absence days e.g

If you leave London on Sat and come on Sunday it is 0 days

but if you are a week trip to different countries and then you lets say go from London to spain and then spain to Portugal each day in this case will be counted. I used the same day calculation logic in excel which I used for the above scenario where the destination is always London. That is the reason my total number of days are coming as wrong.

If "It calculates by the online application system according to the dates you have entered where you were away from" then my figure would have been correct but it actually sums up what you put in the absence day field for each leave. That's the field where I have made mistake