ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the Judge change his mind after allowing an appeal?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

peteruk
Newly Registered

Can the Judge change his mind after allowing an appeal?

Post by peteruk » Tue May 20, 2008 5:45 pm

Hi
I need your help on this question. Can the Judge change his mind after allowing an appeal?
The judge said that my appeal is sucessful in Public hearing.
It has been 50 days since the hearing date. I called the AIT and they said ( waiting for the judge, no decision has been made on my appeal).
what can I do?

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Wed May 21, 2008 8:44 am

If the appeal was allowed, the Home Office has a certain amount of time (28 days I think) in which to consider appealing against the judge's decision.
I can't imagine that the judge has changed his mind after finding in your favour. I guess the delay is in waiting for his written judgement, and then the Home Office will decide whether there is any reason in law for them to appeal. But you (or your lawyer) should have the written judgement at the same time as the Home Office.