ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Is continuous leave broken?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Madambrown15
Newly Registered

Long Residence Am I eligible

Post by Madambrown15 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:32 am

Hi

I am confused on if I can apply for the 10year long residency route because my immigration history is not very straight forward. Here is my time line

September 2008 - January 2009 (student visa)

January 2009 - January 2011 (PSW)

January 2011- December 2012 - this is were it gets real messy ( I applied for an extension under my husband using the then flr(o) form because he still had a valid PSW visa till November 2012 but heard nothing back from the Home Office. So when November came, we wrote to the home office to withdraw the application and asked that they returned our documents including passport and marriage certificate.

November 2012 - January 2013, we heard nothing back from the home office. By this time we had bought return flight tickets for myself, husband and 6month old baby. All the while both ourselves and lawyers had made numerous attempts to contact the home without success. Our flight was scheduled for the the last week in January and when we still had no correspondence from the HO I came on this forum to see if I could find help and I found the number for the local HO centre which I rang. I explained everything to them and told them that our flight was due in 2days. They said that they would return the passports but didn't, instead they sent us removal notices stating that we were over stayers and that we should start reporting at the local reporting station. We missed our flight (tickets were non-refundable) and started reporting. On the first day of reporting I was hand my passport to allow me process a passport for my baby.

We decided to fight the "overstayer" status and in march or April 2013, they withdrew the removal notice against me and my son but refused to withdraw my husbands after we lodged a Judicial review in feb 2013. I stopped reporting after they withdrew my removal notice while my husband carried on reporting.

They then issued me with a back dated visa which had expired on arrival. I think the visa was issued in July with a start date in April and end date in the same July. All the while we had lost all our savings because neither of us were working and had fallen in serious debt. On advise from our lawyers we lodged a litigation claim against the home office as the whole palava was as a result of mistakes on their path. Once this happened, HO asked us to withdraw the JR and issued all of us with a 3 month visa stating thathat this will allow us settle our litight ion out of cour and for us to prepare and leave the country. The visa was issued in Oct 2013 and expired in December 2013. I managed to find a job during this time which is how we survived.

In December 2013, we applied for further leave to remain to allow us be present for the litigation hearing process because the HO wanted to cheat us even though home office admitted wrong against us they wanted to go to court over the litigation amount which was about £25000.

In January 2014 our visa application was refused and then we lodged an appeal. We finally had a successfull appeal in 2014 based on long residency, human rights and the fact that the judge thought it was fair for us to remain I the UK until the process was complete. We were issued BRP in January 2015 for 30month's which expired in July 2017. We also had an out of court litigation settlement with the HO.

We have now submitted another flr (fp ) application based on the fact that our circumstance has not changed, long residence and my son who is now 5years old and has autism and would not be able to get the help he us getting here back homes which is still pending.

If we are successful with this application, I will complete my 10year long residency next September will I be abe to apply for indefinite leave to remain?

Sorry for the long write up. I summarised as best as I could.

Any response will be appreciated.

Madambrown15
Newly Registered

ILR - Is continuous leave broken?

Post by Madambrown15 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:52 pm

Hi

Some advice will be much appreciated.

I will be coming up to my 10th year in the UK by the 29th of September 2018 and my immigration history is not exactly straightforward as per below. Please advise if there is a possibility of a successful ILR application

Student visa (First ever UK Visa)
August 2008
Visa granted 08 September 2008 - 31 Jan 2010
Entered the UK on the 29th of September 2008

Tier 1 Post study Visa
Applied 14 Dec 2009
Visa granted 11 Jan 2010 - 11 Jan 2012

FLR (O)
Applied 17 Dec 2011
Application Rejected 10/01/2012
Reason - Application not accompanied by a fee.

FLR (O) Resubmitted on 12/01/2012 (Home Office accepted that fee was received on 21/12/2011 at their Durham office so accepted as an in time application).
Application refused 14 Dec 2012

IS151A issued on 01 Feb 2013 (Long story surrounding this issue as HO made a serious error in ny case)

Pre Action Protocol letter issued to HO on 07/03/2013

JR lodged on 30/04/2013

IS15A withdrawn 30/05/2013

FLR (O) 2012 application reconsidered and issued to cover 28th Jun 2012 to the 28th Jul 2013

JR Allowed June 2013.

Leave to remain then granted from September 2013 to December 2013

FLR (O)
Applied 20th Dec 2013
Refused Jan 2014
Appeal lodged within the 14day time scale
Appeal allowed 24th September 2014
BRP issued 21st Jan 2015 - 13 Jul 2017

FLR(FP) - Extension
Applied 12th Jul 2017
Refused Jan 2018
Appeal Lodged within the 14day time scale
Outcome - Still waiting for a hearing date..

Madambrown15
Newly Registered

Re: ILR - Is continuous leave broken?

Post by Madambrown15 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:25 am

Just wanted to give an update as I believe my story may help anyone who may be in the same situation as I was. See previous posts for my immigration history.

So after we appealed our last FLR(FP) refusal on the 29th of june, the appeal was dismissed by the FTT on the 18th of july with the judge stating that both I and my husband were very well educated and we should be able to secure jobs back home to in order to support our son's special educational needs even though he agreed that it was in our son's best interest to remain in the UK :roll: :roll: .

On the 2nd of August 2018, we proceeded to apply for permission to appeal to the Upper Tribunal as we believed there was error in law.

As I was completing my 10years long residence on the 2nd of September (-28days), I took the leap of faith after getting advise from my lawyer to book a premium appointment in Sheffield for the 3rd of Sept 2018. I was so stressed and worried and came on this forum to read people's experience which had any similarity to my case. On the 3rd of September by 8.11am, my solicitor withdrew me from the appeal to FTT via fax and I took this fax confirmation along with my SAR and every document imaginable to prove my legal 10 year long residence to my appointment which was for 8.40am, got there at 8.35am and presented my documents to the casework on the front desk. He asked for my passport and I told him that it was currently with the HO but I came with copies along with copies of my old BRP which i theen presented. He then asked me to take a seat at the waiting area. After waiting 1hr, I was called to register my biometrics after which I sat and waited for 3hrs then got called to the counter were a case worker handed me a letter stating that further enquiries were required. He then verbally specified that this was to confirm some dates on my file which were in storage. I asked for a timeframe for a response and he told me it won't be too long because I applied at a PSC.He also told me that my file will arrive that same week.

We came back home and the tortuous wait began. At the end of the second week, I wrote a letter to the case worker enquiring about the progress of my application but of course got no response. At the end of the 3rd week I wrote a complaint to the complaint email and also wrote my MP as I was now going crazy with worry. On Monday this week, I received a letter from my MP advising that he had written to the HO and will let me know when they responded. On Tuesday afternoon I received a call from my solicitor with the good news that my ILR had been approved.

I just want to say that if you believe you a due a visa and you qualify, engage a good lawyer and follow your heart no matter how difficult it may seem.

I wish everyone here who is waiting on a visa goodluck. If you believe in God pray hard because God does answer prayers. Most of all, always do right and follow the immigration laws to the fullest.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:29 pm

I think you did really have a very good lawyer to represent you. Congrats and good luck to your life in the UK.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Kwinyara
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Kwinyara » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:09 am

Wow! That was amazing God who is living !

It’s very wonderful testimony! I believe my case I will overcome also.

I wish you all the best in Uk life.